A good book to take a look at.

I was kicking around in the local "Barnes and Noble" bookstore here in the history section and I found an interesting book on Pattons armored units and their drive to Germany. It was called "Pattons Tank Drive", I believe and while it was a little weak on detailed maps and info it had some great pictures of knocked out Panthers,Tigers and several Shermans around Normandy and beyond.

Just thought the info was interesting. It included several actual battle reports sent back to headquarters about tank losses and talked about the problems Allied tankers had with the German tanks as a whole.

Now that's great.

A search on Amazon with your suggested title yields those results:

Harriet, You'll Drive Me Wild! by Mem Fox, Marla Frazee (Illustrator) (Hardcover - April 2000)

Drive Right by Margaret L. Johnson, et al (Paperback - June 1993)

203 Ways to Drive a Man Wild in Bed by Olivia St. Claire, Olivia St Claire (Hardcover - October 1993)

Now I must confess I'm interrested...

biggrin.gif

------------------

Will you trade your Peng for a box of Seanachai?

[This message has been edited by PawBroon (edited 10-04-2000).]

Guest kking199

Just a heads up, but check out your local used book store. I have found ALOT of WWII books in used book stores, in great shape priced anywhere from 40-80% off what B&N charges. I just bought a hard bound copy of "A Bridge Too Far" by Cornelius Ryan at a used book store, and saw an excellent book I just had recently bought at B&N called the GI's War by Edwin P. Hoyt. Remember we have had 50 years of WWII books, and good books have been written over that entire time period. I have found on average the WWII section at used book stores to be twice as large as at a typical B&N. If the place I went to last time took plastic I would have run up quite a bill!

Since I am here, anyone recommend good books about the Western front written by Germans?!?! I have seen a book called "Soldat", is this one any good?

Guest Offwhite

"Soldat" is definitely worth the read, though I don't recall how much of it was West front. The author might've been in the invasion of France... I do remember reading quite a bit about Russia and Berlin too.

Soldat.... Pulling memory from my ass.

He was in german artillery. Did take part in France, then went to the east front. Other than when he was wounded he spent his remaining time there and in defense of Berlin during the final days. I know the book is just one mans story, but it seems to give good insight on what the average Soldier thought and was up against.

Lorak

------------------

"Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking."--William Butler Yeats

Cesspool

Guest *Captain Foobar*

I just finished reading "Soldat" about 15 minutes ago, strangely enough, and it was a very interesting read.

My favorite ww2 book from the Axis perspective so far has been "The Forgotten Soldier".

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Elijah Meeks: SturmTiger!

Blah blah blah rarity, blah blah blah.

SturmTiger SturmTiger SturmTiger!!!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guest kking199

Thks for replies on Soldat, wrote lenghty reply yesterday with book recc's and then AOHELL knocked me off, will get Soldat next time I see it. I am currently reading A Bridge Too Far by Cornelius Ryan, so far it is excellent.