Version 1.05 vs 1.1 Beta

NIX

I still have 1.03. Should I update to 1.05 or skip that and go directly to the beta? I'm thinking about getting 1.05 and waiting to the 1.1 final release but would like any recommendations from those who have the beta.

Nix, 1.05 fixes a bunch of stuff so it is worthwhile.

1.1 beta has the TCP/IP (as long as you're not on Win2K). But even if that doesn't matter to you, there are even more tweaks and fixes ... and it's a pretty good bet if you do any PBEMing, your opponent will have it.

------------------

"I came to Casablanca for the waters."

Doug, you blew it! I thought you would have known better.... tongue.gifbiggrin.gif

Both executables can be in the same folder. The game will run just fine no matter which one you select. No need to have two whole copies of CM on your hard drive, ie. wasted disk space.

Oh NIX, with just v1.03, you can't play any scenarios that were made with newer versions, so that is one MAJOR reason to upgrade to v1.05 at least.

[This message has been edited by Maximus (edited 12-02-2000).]

Guest Mikey D

1.1 may be worth it just for the significantly scaled-down PzIV. Make quite a bit of difference! (then again I own a mac and am free from the reported pc-based bugs)