First Poltergeist sighting in Combat Mission!

I am fiddling with a not-yet-released scenario set in light fog. To make a long story short, there is this bridge. My recon has shown me enemy reinforcements have arrived on the East side of the bridge. I cannot see them anymore because my recon, a Stuart, is now a burning hulk on that far side of the bridge. Well, I have been waiting and waiting for the enemy to show, and after several turns he has not shown his ugly head. Suddenly, at the beginning of the next turn, my burning Stuart moves off the side of the road all by itself! I know that must mean the enemy tanks are finally coming, but it gave me the chills anyways.

Hmmm, poltergeist moving around units.... I wonder if that is why I keep losing tanks to Kingfish!

Jonathan

That's nothing.

I've already seen zombies in CM (at least in the gold demo).

I sneaked an Ami half squad over a little bump, heard a lot of gunfire, and they disappeared....

A few turns later I see a single guy walking bold upright, and kind of slow (dragging his feet a little, even, with his hands forward) headed for the big german hill. When I moved the camera in really close I could hear him saying "must eat brains".

No doubt about it, but the germans shot him and revived him as some kind of flesh eating zombie. The detail that those guys put into this game is incredible.

That "poltergeist" phenomenon has saved my ass at least once. Spotting the moving wreck allowed me to swing a tank gun over to cover that approach. As I flamed the nasty bugger sneaking up on me I made a mental note never ever to push wrecks aside when moving forward if at all possible. One for the hint book.

------------------

It's a mother-beautiful bridge and it's gonna be THERE.