How can I get the demo to run properly on my G4 Mac?

GJO

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GJO:

Apart from a freeze every five to ten turns I cannot see any text information of the Unit Display panel nor the secondary Info Panel. Could someone please help me fix this frustrating problem? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

This has been discussed a lot in the Tech support thread, you may have much better luck there. I don't have a G4, only an iMac, so I can not help you. Good luck.

------------------

Andreas

<a href="http://www.geocities.com/greg_mudry/sturm.html">Der Kessel</a >

Home of „Die Sturmgruppe“; Scenario Design Group for Combat Mission.

[This message has been edited by Germanboy (edited 12-28-2000).]

I don't recall the details, so you should definitely search in the Tech Support forum, but I think the problem has to do with out-of-date OpenGL extensions or possibly older ATI drivers. I think someone reported that updating to OpenGL 1.2.1 fixed the problem (you can get this with the Cro-Mag Rally Demo if nowhere else).

------------------

Leland J. Tankersley

As an FYI you can get the new drivers, as well as several fine demos for new games on the latest MacAddict CD. The new drivers are part of the Cro Mag demo on the CD. Unless you have a fast internet, dnldg the 43Mb of the demo could be tedious or impossible (my cable modem makes fast work of it though! : )

Guest Madmatt

There is a new Universal Installer

available for Mac installed ATI video cards. That's the good news, the bad

news is in the odd way they have chosen to distribute it. In short, they

haven't, but there are ways to get it and we HIGHLY recommend upgrading any

ATI video card with them. Here is a thread from our Tech Support forum which

goes into detail about how to get them. http://www.battlefront.com/discuss/Forum1/HTML/012650.html

Those new OpenGl drivers will fix the display problem you are encountering. Be sure toi read through that whole thread as some people have offered to send via email the neccesary files without having to download that whole demo. We can not do so however.

Madmatt