Rules for PBEM

Hi guys (and gals (just curious, how many gals are on this board?)),

I wanted to start a thread to get input from everybody on something I have been considering for a few days now. I think a generic list of "rules" would be useful for people playing PBEM (or whatever other multi-player format is available). For example, it would be against the rules for the player whose turn is second to change his turn after watching the replay. I was hoping we could all throw a bunch of ideas into the hopper and maybe somebody (BTS, TGN, or anybody else with a CM web site) could compile a list. That way, everybody would be using the same "rules." Of course, players would be welcome to modify these rules as long as his/her opponent agrees before starting the game. Any thoughts?

SuperTed

SuperTed, I am not sure what exactly you mean with "it would be against the rules for the player whose turn is second to change his turn after watching the replay"...

but this can't happen in CM, because you will never see the results of your own moves before being forced to send the PBEM file to your opponent.

I am assuming that people have discovered ways to take advantage of the CM programming. In that light, I am suggesting that people post thier findings in one location so that they can be documented. Oh well, maybe this can't be done; I was just hoping. frown.gif

SuperTed