HQ's assigned to mortars: a problem.

I've asked this question a while back but I'm afraid it got lost. It concerns the HQ's spotting for mortars:

Once in a game I had my Company Commander spot for my mortars. I waited a long time before I opened fire with the mortars and the barrage coincided with the arrival of a reinforcement platoon's HQ coming up from behind. Its path moved it closer to my mortars than the Company Commander was and it effectively "took over command" of them from the Company Commander in 'mid-barrage!'

Now they were useless until the Reinforcement HQ got sufficiently 'out of the way.

There are more occasions that things like this might happen: It would be extremely frustrating, for instance, to see a paniced HQ fleeing in your mortar's direction, while you stand there, waving and yelling: "No, don't come any closer. If you come any closer, you just HAVE to assume command, sir!"

Is there a way to assign these mortars to a specific HQ?

Guess not...

Any ideas anyone how to counter this problem, or has this happened to anyone else?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

------------------

Combat Axiom 46. Do unto others, before they do unto you.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Juju:

There are more occasions that things like this might happen: It would be extremely frustrating, for instance, to see a paniced HQ fleeing in your mortar's direction, while you stand there, waving and yelling: "No, don't come any closer. If you come any closer, you just HAVE to assume command, sir!"

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

'Course, if I was in combat, and I saw paniced officers running back past me, I'd probably ask myself "Gee, what do those guys know that I don't?", and decide that, as a dutiful soldier filled with the lust to do what was right, I'd better follow said officers and find out what position I should be taking up, perhaps in Tahiti? smile.gif

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.

Guest Scott Clinton

This is a known issue to BTS.

I posted about it a week or so ago and there is no easy way for them to code around it.

You can avoid this situation by being aware of this 'issue' and careful placement of your HQs.

Its not a perfect 'fix' but as long as everyone is aware of the problem, it should be something that we all can work around easily (in most cases).

------------------

Please note: The above is solely the opinion of 'The Grumbling Grognard' and reflects no one else's views but his own.

[This message has been edited by Scott Clinton (edited 06-04-2000).]