How to say ' I LOVE YOU and REALY MEAN IT' Monday's newest POTD offering.. CMHQ!!!

Guest Madmatt

Guest Madmatt

That topic pretty much sums up todays little update.

I also have added links to 'The Bunker' (nice logo there guys, hmmm now where have I seen that picture before??? I guess its easier to get forgiveness than permission eh? wink.gif) and Combat Vision.

Madmatt cool.gif

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

combathq.thegamers.net

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

The texture on the hedge looks great too. I think that has been the first up-close shot of a hedge we've seen.

Guest Madmatt

Thats not a goatee on that German, its a few days worth of shadow, although I have seen pictures of German soldiers WITH goatees. I think his face is supposed to look sunken and hollow but thats not a real good angle to see it from.

As to the hedges, yes they slow movement of infantry.

Madmatt... cool.gif

------------------

combathq.thegamers.net

You mean the "Matt Faller Face" made it into CM ?! biggrin.gif

BTW who is the other Wehrmacht "face" in the picture? From what my numb mind can discern... it doesn't look like a "skin" that would exist in the game.

Those hedges look great. Now if the same treatment can be done to the hedgerows...

"We want a... SHRUBBERY!"

Borg Cube... smile.gif

Uh... I better start lookin' busy here at work.

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

IIRC, wasn't Boccage/Hedgerows a ridge of stacked rocks that had grown over with earth and trees?

------------------

"Fear is the path to the Dark Side.

Fear leads to anger.

Anger leads to hate.

Hate leads to suffering."

--Jedi Master Yoda

Don't know about "stacked rocks", but hedgerows/bocage consist of raised earth with dense trees/bushes/undergrowth. I assumed that they were maintained that way as "property dividers" or something to that effect.

I'd guess, to accurately simulate bocage you would need a "tile" with a slight elevation increase & decrease along with the hedgerow on top of it.

The close-ups of the hedges showed the branches in them and that looked pretty cool. I am hoping that BTS refines the bocage I've seen in POTDs to reflect the branches, etc. However, everything looks like near-solid, leafy green shrubs at a distance in the POTDs. wink.gif

Ugh... grey-cells are on vacation today and I'm just plinkin' away at useless details I'd like to see...

Guest Madmatt

Ok, let me set a few things straight.

First off my face is NOT in that POTD. The German in the front IS in the game (at least at present) however and that texture is a good example of a hollow eyed vet.

Now from time to time you will see MY ugly mug in pictures but thats only becuase I won't delete my face texture outa the BMP directory! biggrin.gif My face (to my knowledge) is NOT in the finished product.

Bocage and hedges are different (visually and functionally). I have NOT shown the bocage in quite some time and it looks different than what you saw before. I will probably NEVER show the new bocage as I want you guys to have some visual surprises when you get the game.

In that picture is a hedge, not bocage just a little hedge, dont get the two confused...

The allied grenades are not cubes like a borg ship but due to their color and that weird angle you can't really see its shape. Needless to say they are sorta pineapple shaped...

That is all! wink.gif

Madmatt

------------------

combathq.thegamers.net

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 04-24-2000).]

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

But Matt, I don't like surprises! J/K! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Ol' Blood & Guts (edited 04-24-2000).]