Another irritating "PBEM request" thread....

Hey all...

I'm looking for a couple of PBEM opponents, but I thought I'd give you a little background because I like to find people who are somewhat similar in their outlook on CM...it makes it more fun, I think...

1. I'm a CM newbie but an old-timer at strategy (SL, ASL, Close Combat) and RTS games.

2. So far, I seem to be able to do o.k. against the AI.

3. I have a decent understanding of WWII stuff. (But I'm no uber-grognard. I have no idea what Michael Wittmann's middle name was, and I couldn't tell you how many links were on the track of a Sherman smile.gif ).

4. Most importantly, I play PBEM (and TCP/IP soon smile.gif) for the FUN of it. There's something a lot more fun about taunting someone (or being taunted), about the unexpected that happens with another person sitting on the other side, that just can't be matched with an AI, no matter how well it plays. I love to win, I'd rather not lose, but I don't much care as long as the game is fun. (I've stayed out of the cesspool, though, just because I'd hate to have to take a shower every time I fired up CM.)

5. I can do a turn or two every weekday during the workday (before work, at lunch, right before I go home, etc.).

Interested? Email me at mecheng@tpresearch.com

engy

------------------

"He who makes war without many mistakes has not made war very long."

Napoleon Bonaparte

Hope you don't mind me stealing your thread but.....

I'm also on the look out for new PBEM partners. I've been playing all sort of Wargames for years. I had quite a few games going as part of the superbowl thing but they have all finished. I need some pratice so as not to be too embarrassed in the next round

Just Email me at

private_pike_da@yahoo.co.uk

btw Engy the requests in the post

sorry about the edit, I've just found how to do smileys by acident

[This message has been edited by Private Pike (edited 10-24-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Private Pike (edited 10-24-2000).]

Guest dirkd1976

Engy, send a setup file my way!! I've been looking for someone to trounce!!

------------------

Never mistake motion for action - Ernest Hemingway

Hope you don't mind me stealing your thread but...

I've lost my dog. He's a big fluffy dog, really large and really fluffy, he almost looks like a sheep. He tends to stray from home quite often, and usually ends up in threads that look appetizing. We also had him fixed when he was young, so you'll notice that he has no...PeterNZer!!! There you are! You've got to stop running away like this. Now get yourself back in the pool where you belong! Go on now, scoot!

Sorry for this interruption, but he does have a horible tendency to try to associate with people when he gets out, and you wouln't want to get stuck in a sheep shearing conversation with him.

-----

And by the way, if you're looking to play someone who claims to be much better than he is, yet occasionally shows pure genius as a tactician, though is still losing the majority of the PBEMs he has going, then feel free to send me a setup, any setup, and we'll go at it. I too enjoy the fun and the taunt!

------------------

"Nuts!"