A really weird thing just happened to me in my PBEM against Germanboy. For some strange reason my guys became fanatical, disobeyed orders to move back to better positions and decided to run accross a field towards known enemy positions. My tank decided to disobey my orders also, and just drive up on a hill instead of taking a road. In the orders turn, my original orders still appeared for the units, but, for some reason the guys were still running in the opposite direction I wanted? Has this happened before? Or is it just a bug in the Beta version, or, is my computer posessed?

Major Tom,

I have had that happen in single player against the AI. Not quite the assault you had, but I have had lots of vehicles and some troops do the total opposite of what they were told to do...(this after getting down to their level to scope out everything before giving the orders). confused.gif

I figured it was the AI taking over and exploiting something that I had missed or a bug.

Guest Germanboy

Bloodlust, pure bloodlust - I bet they all want to be the first to collect souvenirs from my dead troops - you forgot to mention your lads making a run for it though. They don't seem that fanatical tongue.gif

------------------

Andreas

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Major Tom:

They were running right towards your positions though, maybe they know more than I do about the patheticness of your situation? :)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Like Nato in Kosovo, I will win this campaign through airpower alone... Duh!

------------------

Andreas

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

The Tac-AI will at times make your soldiers advance to a *once* defended position if the defenders were routed. This has happened to me several times in Last Defense, where the SS soldiers routed the Amis out of the house by the wall or the group of scattered trees back behind the house.

So yeah, if an event occurs that is better than your initial orders, then the Tac-AI will take over and take advantage of the situation. smile.gif

had similar thing happen in CE against Berli.

Six turns, each time sighting in on his M4 with my last StuG, and ... nothing.

I give orders to fire, nothing. I give orders to pull forward fast and fire. nothing. (and it wasn't Stuck Tank Syndrome, either) I give orders to pull forward on hunt, targeting the M4. nothing ... all the while expecting Uberrauchenfuhrer Berli to spot my lowly StuG and blow it to smithereens. I was about ready to run screaming from the computer.

Patience paid off smile.gif but it was a challenge.

------------------

Always with the negative waves, Moriarty, always with the negative waves — Oddball