O/T- German translation of "Potato Mortar"

Panzerwefer:

In reality a MRL similar to the Nebelwerfer, but with HEAT rockets, if I'm not misstaken.

The name does give some interesting suggestions though...

Personally I'm more in favour of "the Little Red Riding Hood", "Rotkäppchen" in German...

It's sad we don't see any of these in CM, but they were rare.

Cheers

Olle

Olle Petersson wrote:

Panzerwefer: In reality a MRL similar to the Nebelwerfer, but with HEAT rockets, if I'm not misstaken.

Actually, that particular weapon "15 cm Panzerwerfer Madsen [and whatever a self-propelled gun mount is in German]" was a 10-barrel 150mm Nebelwerfer mounted on an armored car that was built on top of Madsen truck chassis. Unless I managed to forget the details in two days.

- Tommi

Yeah, I mostly used WD40. I was always too cheap to buy hair spray, so I used whatever was in the garage at the time.

------------------

No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you. -Ender's Game

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by M. Bates:

Has someone got a diagram or picture of this potato launcher thing??<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Email me for a diagram of the bipod I used and instructions for building it. ajvanatta@fortlewis.edu It's all welded steel, so people without access to a welder will probably have to do something different.

The gun part is the same as a normal potato cannon. Instructions for building one can be readily found with an internet search.

------------------

No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you. -Ender's Game

OK.. let's start back at basics...

For those of us, even in potatoland, who have never seen a potato/snowball mortar in the flesh/steel/whatever....

Can someone please tell us just how the things work and are made by kids?

NTM

------------------

The difference between infantrymen and cavalrymen is that cavalrymen get to die faster, for we ride into battle!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Trooper:

OK.. let's start back at basics...

For those of us, even in potatoland, who have never seen a potato/snowball mortar in the flesh/steel/whatever....

Can someone please tell us just how the things work and are made by kids?

NTM

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know if this will answer all of your questions, but it was written by Dave Barry on the very subject several years ago:

http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/mas63/cannon/spud_alert.html