There are still a few postion left if you wont to get in on it this may be your...

Guest Rob/1

All postions are full now!

------------------

Fight for your right!To play CM! smile.gif

Join Rob's CMMC today Email me at <A HREF="mailto:Robisme_ca@hotmail.com

">Robisme_ca@hotmail.com

</A> Rob

For more info on Rob;s CMMC go to Robs CMMC HQ

[This message has been edited by Rob/1 (edited 10-23-2000).]

you gotta be kidding - just checking - does PT mean Platoon?

are you seriously suggesting each üplayer to command only a single platoon in your CMMC??

how big are your individual CMMC battles, equaling 50 point QBs ??

------------------

"Say i think u all need to chill out." (GAZ_NZ)

YES!PT dose mean PT.HQ each side has only 4 yes 3 squads Plus wepons platoon! What is the problem with this I am not useing the scale that the big one is!!!!!!!!!!! frown.gif

------------------

Fight for your right!To play CM!:)

">Robisme_ca@hotmail.com

</A> Rob

I still don't get it. Seriously. Are you saying that the individual battles in your CMMC feature 3 squads + leader per side, going off against each other?

are you using 3 x 2 km maps? that should be funny... maybe they even find each other some turn if you make it a 70-turn hide-and-seek...

------------------

"Say i think u all need to chill out." (GAZ_NZ)

Hofbauer,

Despite the fact that you've acted like a total prick towards Rob, I'll explain his idea.

He want's to simulate chain of command on a battle level. So, one person plays the Battalion HQ and gives Battalion HQ-style orders to the company commanders. The company commanders decide on their own means to accomplishing and send orders to the Platoon HQ's, who then get to order the individual squads in Combat Mission's interface.

It's a great idea, and it serves to simulate the division of labour in real life ww2 engagements.

Now just keep it up, you're really impressing the rest of the forum.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pillar:

Hofbauer,

Despite the fact that you've acted like a total prick towards Rob, I'll explain his idea.

He want's to simulate chain of command on a battle level. So, one person plays the Battalion HQ and gives Battalion HQ-style orders to the company commanders. The company commanders decide on their own means to accomplishing and send orders to the Platoon HQ's, who then get to order the individual squads in Combat Mission's interface.

It's a great idea, and it serves to simulate the division of labour in real life ww2 engagements.

Now just keep it up, you're really impressing the rest of the forum.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

*action* Slapdragon tilts his hat to his esteemed collegue Pillar. */action*

[This message has been edited by Slapdragon (edited 10-23-2000).]

honestly, I am not trying to press a point, I am just trying to understand and make sense of this all.

Does this mean that in the actual battles the player commands 4 teams, = three infantry squads and one platoon leader team (maybe plus a HW platoon which will add another PL team, plus anything from a wild variety of units in HW platoons, such as a bunch of HMGs, zooks etc.) ? And he squares off against another player who also has four(+) teams to command?

I am not sure, but the thought of doing a PBEM swap just to move (or not move) four teams around on a map doesn't seem very attractive to me - id est, too much PBEM friction per entertainment return (=bang for the buck) IMO.

Now just keep it up, you're really impressing the rest of the forum.

being snide, eh? don't worry, I'll be out again soon and returning you to your regular program of uninterrupted meaningful vital boardspam.

------------------

"Rule#7: All players must follow the rules." (Rob/1)

I don't know...I tend to agree with 'M Hofbauer'. All this sounds like is a totally blown out of proportion PBEM game. If you think PBEM is clunky. WAIT A MINUTE!!! How is this going to work? How are you gonna send PBEM turns around to everybody for them just to order their platoons. I'm sorry, I just don't see how this is gonna work on a mechanics level. I understand what Rob has in mind, but how to implement it is something else. In my mind, there is no way to do this currently. For one, CM is a TWO player game. The only way I see this happening is if all the players on one side are at the same computer. And that, my friends...AIN'T GONNA HAPPEN!

I say all of this without knowing the mechanics of Fionn's CMMC, so I my be totally off base here, but this is how I see it.

------------------

Coming soon to a web near you...

The Maximus CM Mod HQ

This site will be host to a plethera of mods from myself and others.

Please send questions and comments to: davem@shawneelink.net

It will work becaues

1#I will give all the people a unit

2#All the people on one side will have the same password!(dah)

3# Because Maximus said it wont Ha!

------------------

Fight for your right!To play CM!:)

">Robisme_ca@hotmail.com

</A> Rob

http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/robscmmchqbord

Guest *Captain Foobar*

Maximus.

excerpt from the user agreement:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this BB to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violative of any law. You agree not to post any copyrighted material unless the copyright is owned by you, Battlefront.com, or its agents<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Could you please try to act like a grown up? You are being rude, and I think you are the only one enjoying it.

[This message has been edited by *Captain Foobar* (edited 10-23-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rob/1:

It will work becaues

2#All the people on one side will have the same password!(dah)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rob, that still won't make it work. CM's PBEM structure is not set up like that. It really doesn't matter what the hell the password is, when you send a PBEM file, it needs the opposing side to issue orders, watch the movie, or whatever..............

OK, I just thought it out. Even if you send the same file to multiple people, and then each person does their orders and then they send that file to all the opposing people (commanders), each file from each person is only gonna have one platoon's worth of orders. There is no way to combine PBEM files, which is what would be needed in this Meta Campaign.

So the way I look at it, and all those that carefully read through my above explanation will see that this Meta Campaign format will not work.

------------------

"Rule#3: You must be a member of my Meta Campaign to take

part.(doh!)" - Rob/1

Is that anything like, Rule #1: "You must breathe to stay alive."?

Goddamnit people, just give the guy a break. If you ARE NOT GOING TO PLAY IN HIS GAME, THEN LEAVE HIM ALONE.

Really guys, why do you give a ****?

Hof, I respected you for your CC work, including the CC5 German voices, but I have pretty much lost all respect here. He's a kid. Get over it. Let him do his own thing.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by *Captain Foobar*:

Maximus.

excerpt from the user agreement:

Could you please try to act like a grown up? You are being rude, and I think you are the only one enjoying it.

[This message has been edited by *Captain Foobar* (edited 10-23-2000).]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

OK, teacher, I won't pick on little Bobby anymore. rolleyes.gif

Guest KwazyDog

*sigh*

Ok, Im locking this one up for obvious reasons.

Foob and Brizee have pretty much said what I was thinking, and have made points I think should be seriously considered. If your not interested in what Rob has to say just ignore his threads, please.