Wrong Weathergraphics in Europe

Hi all,

i know same may think that i´m mad or that this post is not worth to read, but i think the CM-Forum is the right place to say this.

The colored trees for autumn-season are to early used in CM. The trees (in Germany) are so colored since middle/end of October.

Frozen rivers are not usual in Germany in the winter. In russia yes, but not in Germany. (maybe the winter 44/45 was so cold, but i didn´t find any sources).

O.k., o.k., this is really not important for the gameplay (perhaps only the frozen rivers) but i think, if we wanna be corgnards this should be said.

Any comments??

Greetings from Germany

Jochen

P.S. - This game rocks!!!!

I seem to remember a battle, Austerlitz (SP?) that took place either in northern Austria or Southern Germany (what there was of it) where Napoleon defeated a combined Russian and Austrian army, and devestated them again by blasting away an Iced River they were crossing after the defeat. Plus, most of the battles in CM take place in France. Possibly the weather patterns are slightly different over there, eh?

Maybe Germany is feeling the pinch of global warming?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Jochen Schmidt:

O.k., o.k., this is really not important for the gameplay (perhaps only the frozen rivers) but i think, if we wanna be corgnards this should be said.

Any comments??

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are "corgnards" like a cross between a corkhead and a grognard? Or are all grognards by definition this sort of combination? biggrin.gif

Sorry, I know English probably isn't your first language (& I'm not saying it should be either) but I just couldn't resist when the opportunity presented itself.

Regards

Jim R.

Guest Germanboy

Jochen, the Winter 1944/45 was one of the coldest on record in Western Europe, AFAIK. The following year was quite bad too, I believe.

------------------

Andreas

O.k.,

my english is not my first language (grrrrr), but i´ve written the text to fast and didn´t control him before posting - sorry!

Thanks for the information, that the winter 44/45 was very cold - i didn´t know - so, BTS is correct.

Thanks a lot for your answers.

Greetings from Germany

Jochen