Steve & Charles: my apology

SPOILER: may contain some info you may not want to read re one scenario mission

I've been playing CM since its arrival mid-last week. I had some reservations about the game which I expressed in a previous post (the emperor has no clothes). I regret those comments & would like to say all my reservations are gone. I love this game. I played the small scenario involving three Panthers by Bill Wilder (forgot the name: La Foret? (sp.?)) last evening & I let the Panthers hunt & I was captivated (total suspension of disbelief) by the result. The big cats clawed their way through the Ami's in a most methodical & believable way but all succombed to the weight of the Sherman numbers in the end. I literally gaped at the screen with jaw on the floor through the whole scenario, repeating over & over, "amazing". The Panthers were so believable like I've never experienced in a game before. I watched mostly a ground level to see the big cats roam. The Close Combat series doesn't even come close. Fantastic AI: I never had to direct a shot but let them hunt to their hearts content. Please add my name to your list of die hard fans & accept my humble apology for doubting.

Dale

Kilroy, out

[This message has been edited by Dale H (edited 06-26-2000).]

Well ... you can't say fairer than that! But I know what you mean, I ran a Quick Battle the other night that had me wrung out like a sponge. Very nice of you to re-post on this issue Dale ... now get out there and sell more copies so we can continue to get CM's smile.gifThere's nothing worse (or better I guess) than a recent convert. Praise be brethren, he has been saved.

Joe

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by :USERNAME::

Now apologize for posting the first spoiler..<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It would be nice indeed if you could edit your post because it contains spoiler info. Just put 'SPOILER INFO' on top and a lot of space in between that and the text. I am really not that interested in finding out about scenario content before I get to play them.

------------------

Andreas

I also apologize for not posting SPOILER; I edited the message appropriately. Hope I didn't give too much away. I've stayed away from the board, mostly, since my 'emperor' post, so I didn't know what spoiler meant, but I do now. Thanks,

Dale

Kilroy, out

P.S. while I was watching the scenario last night I didn't even hear my wife yell until the third time she did in my ear: "Turn the *!#$% thing down; I can't hear myself think".