CM and Tron Tanks?!?! Just a dream...

Guest kking199

Guest kking199

Well, to prove my addiction the other night I had a dream about one of my current battles. I have 2 Panthers and 2 Hetzers on a hill, they are paired off 1 V & 1 Het together, kinda on either side of the hill. In my dream the 2 Panthers turn into the Tanks from Tron! Take off rather quickly and begin shooting electric bolts, for lack of a better description, and generally wreak havoc!

Honestly, I am not sure how the Tron tanks got there. I mean I like the movie, it is kinda cheesy, but it has a certain visual style that I still like today, I think it came out in 83 or so.

Soo.. I guess I probably shouldn't get my hopes up for seeing Tron tanks in any future CM games..?? LOL

I kind of like the quarter-mile long O.G.R.E. tank that came in those little pocket games in the early 80's.

You know, the one with 32 nuclear missiles in it.

The game had other interesting units though, hover tanks and heavy armoured infantry.

When they do CM7 CyberWar: The Future Is Here, they will have to put in an armour factor for infantry units.

wink.gif

[This message has been edited by patboivin (edited 11-30-2000).]

Guest Lord General MB

Sir,

"CM7 It just keeps on coming": is due for release.... in 40 years. 39 years. 351 days, 23 hours 59 minutes, 59 seconds. 39 years. 351 days, 23 hours 59 minutes, 58 seconds.......

------------------

Salute!

Lord General Mr. Bill

Supreme Commander

1st Army

Guest kking199

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by patboivin:

I kind of like the quarter-mile long O.G.R.E. tank that came in those little pocket games in the early 80's.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have the vaguest recollection of O.G.R.E, I know I have seen it, maybe played it. Makes me think of CarWars! I loved that one!

------------------

Some call me Kong...

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by patboivin:

You know, the one with 32 nuclear missiles in it.

The game had other interesting units though, hover tanks and heavy armoured infantry.

When they do CM7 CyberWar: The Future Is Here, they will have to put in an armour factor for infantry units.

wink.gif

[This message has been edited by patboivin (edited 11-30-2000).]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The author of Ogre and Car Wars is a genius.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slapdragon:

The author of Ogre and Car Wars is a genius.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Shame about that moniker his parents saddled him with though...

I loved all those metagame portables. Hours of fun during junior high recess.

------------------

Ethan

-----------

"We forbid any course that says we restrict free speech." -- Dr. Kathleen Dixon, Director of Women's Studies, Bowling Green State University

You know, as a kid, I actually toke off my closet doors and painted them to match the map that came with GEV and Ogre just so the miniatures would be that much cooler. As you can imagine, maybe better left as just an idea. . .

------------------

"The art of fighting without fighting..."

Guest kking199

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Splinty:

You "toke" off your doors, I see where you got the idea from! cool.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Splinty.. it was our game I had the dream about, actually not awhole lot different than what is actually happening! smile.gif