What ifs....Germany vs Japan

What if Trinidad declared war on Finnland. Think about it.

I don't know, but Nigaragua _did_ declare war on Finland (unless I've been hit by a particularly persistent urban legend). Not that there were any combat encounters.

What if Japan would have attacked russia like Germany expected when they declared war on the US when the US declared war on Japan?

It wouldn't have mattered. The Japanese were _far_ from any important areas and in any case Soviets left strong forces facing Japanese for the whole war. In addition, Japan had attacked twice before (Lake Hasan 1938 and Khalkhin Gol 1939) and got trashed both times (though Soviet casualties were also severe, almost 1/3 in Khalkhin Gol). They were not going to try again.

- Tommi

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Commissar:

Hope the Japanese can learn to speak German really well. They would need to learn it<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Maybe, but in December 1941 Germany did not exactly have a right-of-way to the Japanese land mass.

Sailing there would also have been problematic, since England was annoyed with them. If they made it through what was at the time, the world's foremost navy, they would then encounter the Japanese navy, which was up there somewhere. If Sea-Lion was a problem, how easy would a German invasion of Japan have been?

Given the state of the world in December 1941, the Japanese would still have been better off learning English, American edition.

Why would adolph declare war on Japan?

A: Arian domination stuff.

Adolph did a lot of really stupid stuff:

- giving new state-of-the art tanks to green crews

- manipulating army's that didn't exist

- attacked so far into other countries that noone could ever resupply them,

- killed people for no reason,

- creating ridiculously big guns

- creating ridiculously big defenseless mobile guns Maus, jagdtiger, etc.

- focused bombing people in cities instead of military targets (not that allied didn't)

- continued to use enigma and blamed insiders and traitors instead of simply altering communications system

And so on and so forth. The guy really was a freakin dummy.

Richard Kalajian

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by tss:

I don't know, but Nigaragua _did_ declare war on Finland (unless I've been hit by a particularly persistent urban legend). Not that there were any combat encounters.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Didnt England declare war on the Finns? I believe they did but never did anything about it.

Didnt England declare war on the Finns? I believe they did but never did anything about it.

Yes, but it was only a political gesture. However, there was one aerial attack by British against Finnish territory, but the target was German shipping in Petsamo harbour. The mission was a failure.

BTW, the Petsamo area had one of the highest AA-gun/square kilometer ratio of the whole war. The nickel mines there were very important for German military production (they amounted for 33% of total German nickel production) and they were _really_ close to Soviet territories (about 20 km in peace time and Germans didn't advance far, there) so Germans brought in an amazing number of 88mm AA guns. I don't remember the actual figure but there were more heavy AA guns at Petsamo than in the whole rest Finland combined.

- Tommi