Firefly Problems...?

I'm having some problems with the Firefly mod ( Gordon Molek's ). I've created shortcuts as per the instructions and installed the bmps correctly. I've placed the batch files in a separate folder in my CMBO directory ( not in the BMP folder ). The instructions say that if I want the Firefly to appear in eg. British army Camo to click on that shortcut. I've done this & nothing happens. Is there something I'm missing? I'd appreciate some help with this one.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

I really don't understand this thread.

Batch files were a short-lived antecedant of CMMOS. Any bmp's associated with those batch files were, with a few exceptions, supplanted by several later versions of the same models.

Gordon and Marco went to a lot of trouble creating a division of labor, and a systematic updating, of whatever went in to those files. On top of that, many of the files are inter-related and re-used in varying parts of the Allied Vehicle rulesets, so that if you start attempting home-made fixes (for something that as far as I am aware was never broken), you'll actually undermine some of the functionality of the rulesets, particularly in the advanced rules.

As far as I recall the tank that you're discussing got redone several times by Marco and was included in the ruleset as the CMMOS standard. For a long time, before we decided it would be nice to try to preserve some of the individualist mods, a lot of effort by a lot of people went into creating and maintaining a standard CMMOS look. We addressed and successfully resolved some of the things you're discussing over two years ago.

As far as I can recall, there were one or two minor gaps in the vehicle line-up, but after Marco's last update I'm pretty sure this wasn't one of them. The CMMOS bmp files were never really intended to be used selectively, so that if you want all the vehicles, or want to be sure that you aren't missing any functionality, you should just download the whole thing.

I'm not sure where you're even finding those old batch file mods, but if you're using them you probably aren't working with the most up to date versions. The newest versions of Gordon's and Marco's material are in the CMMOS sections.

On the CMHQ CMMOS page, any download that mentions Marco Bergman's Shermans will be part of the summer version. In addition you'll need the alternate track mods (I think there are two of them).

To get the winter versions I think you'll have to do something similar, but this time you'll be looking for GEM files.

In all we're talking about six or seven files. Just download the hi resolution files: you can probably ignore the low resolution versions, unless your system is straining.

I'm not a tank grog by any stretch of the imagination, but I seem to recall that certain tanks do not show up in certain units. I just applied the Guards division icon and checked the CMMOS log, and the Firefly section got applied (it seems to have its own rule, and you can tell if it is working by looking to see what it says about bmp's in the 3290-98 area). I didn't do the same for any of the other divisions, so I don't know (and don't remember), for example, if the Firefly shows up in the Taurus division. If it doesn't (and if your CMMOS is properly installed), let me assure you that this was intentional and not an oversight. CMMOS wasn't supposed to support ahistorical configurations (even though quite a few crept in anyway).