ASL Scenarios/CM Scenarios/Results

Hey, how do the scenarios converted to CM from SL and ASL play as compared to how they played as SL/ASL scenarios? Do you get a familiar feel -- as in:

"yeah, when I played this offline ASL board game scenario against Hans last year i ended up behind the same damn farmhouse with the shattered remnants of my command around me, and he put his mgs in the same damn house."

Or do the computerized goodies like fow etc, make for really different results, even though good tactics are a constant.

Im just curious about the change in medium and how it affects the results.

Hi,

Have playtested a few for a friend that is converting them. They do give somewhat of a similiar feel. However, there is a problem...

I find them SO much more realistic than the original scenario played in ASL. I am having trouble going back to ASL. So beware!

------------------

Jeff Newell

TankDawg

An ASL scenario converted to CM gives you the same general goals and forces but there the similarity ends. There are enough differences in the terrain, squads, leaders, support weapons and vehicles to make it like comparing apples to oranges.

FOW really makes for a difference in the way you handle your units as well. CM forces you to use tactics that are more closely related to real battlefield tactics, especially before the enemy is found and fixed.

The excitement level in CM is much higher, too. I've never felt the hair on the back of my neck stand up when playing ASL as it does while watching an M18 running through some open ground towards the cover of a wooded copse while a Panther slooowly swings its turret around to take a shot. Nothing in ASL compares to that kind of real-time excitement.

------------------

It is easy to be brave from a safe distance. -Aesop