Clickable building status

Hi BTS jsut ahd a thought whilst playing LD and was targeting the church.

Would it be possible to make the buildings clickable like the units and have a their status come up, showing damage etc on the menu where the unit info comes up? MAybe this would be patchable or in the expansion since building deterioration wont be progressively shown graphically maybe this would be a good second smile.gif

THanks

------------------

SS_PanzerLeader....out

I don't think it's going to go in. I don't think infantry units, holed up in some farmer's living room while blasting away at the enemy outside, are going to be able to know the exact status of the building they're in. Even if they could, it would just show the player, since we couldn't very well have the TacAI moving troops out of buildings it thought would collapse.

It's up to the player to judge that such-and-such a building has been shelled quite a lot, and it would probably be time to get the hell out.

DjB

Actually I was more interested froma n attackers point of view - I should be able to tell if iVe blown down a wall or something major - some general info would be good ie

Builing condition

Appears in good shape

Slightly damaged

Majorly damaged

UNKNOWN

thsoe are general enough that wouldnt be giving away to much but what should be easy enough to tell

IF I took out a wall or blew the corner off of a building I think I would be able to notice :-P

And i know it isnt going tomake it in the 1,0 version

I said as a patch or in the expansion Idont want to delay the first release any

------------------

SS_PanzerLeader....out

I think that would be a good feature. But not too specific. Since there is no graphical damage on houses just info like: Looks steady; Moderate Damage and Death Trap. I think thats pretty realistic.

------------------

Visit my Combat Mission for Mac page! With some exclusive images courtesy of the Combat Mission HQ!

cm4mac.tripod.com

Sort of on this topic :

Am curious if anyone knows if there is a difference in a tank's main gun shooting at a specific target in a building and targeting the building itself...what I'm getting at is, does the main gun shot's bring the building down (while shooting at the Inf) the same as if the main gun is specificly(sp) targeting the building itself?