GRAPHICS packs........are they worth it.???

I have seen many of them at CMHQ but I am unsure at whether they are actually much better than what comes with the game...

Can anyone tell me that it is definitely worth dowloading these add-ons...

i am up-to-date . V.1.05 and can anyone tell me a snow scenario or mission...

CHEERS...

------------------

Quote.

If you see a white plane it's American, if you see a black plane it's the RAF. If you see no planes at all it's the Luftwaffe." ---German soldier on the Western Front, 1944.

Guest SS Peiper

Jochen I have the same 500mhz, 128 ram and it runs great, get Madmatts mod first and start with that. I think you will like it.

SS Peiper

The best way to find out whether you like the mod files or not is to download them but move the originals to another empty folder instead or writing them over. If you find you prefer the originals you simply remove the mod files and put the originals back in.

Hi,

I just downloaded and tried out all the new graphics packs like the "velvet" grass. I have a 700mhz PC with 256mb RAM and the velvet grass, on larger maps, will cause a slowdown...not huge or even big mind you, but noticable. I also installed MOST of the new terrain textures and these are great! The new wheat, wall, rough, trees, tree bases, bridge, rail, stained glass church, and hedges and bocage are execptional...a TRUE improvement over the origional (I did not like the water or marsh because on MY pc, these came out NEON blue...looked a bit strange so I installed the OG ones. But perhaps on your pc they will be fine). I found that by NOT using the velvet grass but still using all the mentioned terrain features, I found a GREAT medium between excellent looks and virtually no lag hits (so you can use more units, big games, etc). Summer with the new trees is awesome...almost real looking.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Iron Duke:

Hi,

I just downloaded and tried out all the new graphics packs like the "velvet" grass. I have a 700mhz PC with 256mb RAM and the velvet grass, on larger maps, will cause a slowdown.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a PIII450 with 128mb and there is absolutely no slowdown with all the packs installed.

I use the velvetgrid pack. Your slowdown trouble is probably your graphics card. I have a GF2. The higer res textures usualy cause a graphics bottleneck, not a CPU/memory hit. Iron Duke What is your graphics card?

I also use the original water/ford tiles for the same reasons as you.

Marcus

I have a Voodoo 5500. And understand that the slowdown I mention was on a map 2000 meters wide and 3980 meters long! and with 2 reinforced Battalions Inf/with Armor on the map. The velvet grass was just "kick" it needed to have a slight slow down...hehe I like large maps.

------------------

One shot...One Kill

Guest Gunslinger

>I have a 1,000 mhz 320 megs of ram ihave no

>trouble what so ever and 32 meg nivadia card

ROFL! My God man, I would hope not wink.gif

------------------

Gunslinger ;=-

Any of the say winterized vehicle mods are no larger (file size) than the original files. The winterized vehicles and infantry uniforms are a must in my book. The weathered Allied tanks are a must too. Makes them look a lot better than the original ones.

The only slowdowns will occur if the mod files are larger than the original ones. But are mainly due to large grass textures.

------------------

All that sleeps, awakens...

All that awakens, hungers...

All that hungers, feeds...