Concerning the mod pack and editing...

Anyone know how to modify textures? Chatted with someone this morning who said you can modify textures, even in the demo, although he didn't know how to do it on a mac. I tried Res-Edit this morning (copy graphic, paste in Photoshop, alter it, copy and paste back into the graphics file) but didn't get anywhere.

I was careful to copy my original file before screwing around, still, I'm doing something wrong here. Any help?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>I tried Res-Edit this morning (copy graphic, paste in Photoshop, alter it, copy and paste back into the graphics file) but didn't get anywhere.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sounds like you are doing it right. To save some time (if you've got the bandwidth), download the PC version. The PC version has all the textures as individual files. Modify those, and then copy & paste into resedit.

One important thing... make sure you are copying into an existing resource and not creating new ones.

Ben G:

Whenever I paste over the "old" texture with my modified texture the number automatically changes - any way to avoid this? Also, why are the texture files "bundled" (for lack of better word) into graphics files instead of loose as those in the PC Version that you described earlier? thanks!

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by buddy:

Ben G:

Whenever I paste over the "old" texture with my modified texture the number automatically changes - any way to avoid this? Also, why are the texture files "bundled" (for lack of better word) into graphics files instead of loose as those in the PC Version that you described earlier? thanks!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you sure you're not pasting in new resources? Double-check this. You can assign new resource numbers to a selected resource; something like a "Get Resource Info" command.

They're assembled in resource files because MacOS provides routines for manipulating, loading and (IIRC) cacheing resources (such as graphics and sounds). Likely made the coding a bit easier, and also reduces the number of files to worry about.

------------------

Leland J. Tankersley