Off topic a bit, but just a word about Star Trek Armada. Ha ha. What a joke!

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ol' Blood & Guts:

Check this Armada Forum page out and you'll see what I mean about why BTS is extremely right in doing CM the way they are.

http://www.st-armada.com/forum/Forum6/HTML/000805.html

It's f***in' hilarious! <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is just sad. I WAS actually thinking about trying it out, but I guess not. Another bit of info, three games that were released in the last week have had patches release already addressing bugs: Majesty (Microprose), Force Commander (Luca$Art$) (COME ON LUCAS! RELEASE THE TRILOGY AND EPISODE ONE ON DVD DAMN IT!), and the Heroes of Might and Magic add on.

BTS, keep squashing bugs. Please don't do this to us... WE BEG YOU!

Later

Oooh and I was this close to buying Force commander today. Glad I didn't. The sales guys had the game installed. There was a problem with the curser and the game appeared to freeze. The sales guys were hogging the machine and they couldn't figure out how to fire the units. Then they promptly ran another game.

Gamespot gave Force commander a 6.0/10. :

http://www.gamespot.com/strategy/forcecom/index.html not a good review.

They had to reboot the machine to get out of the game. I know cause I saw the blue screen where windows checks for errors after you don't shut down properly. What joy it must be to see this after you buy that game.

Guest MantaRay

Well Force Commander is not really buggy. They released the patch the very next day after the game was out. It had more to do with netcode and lag than any real flaws in the design.

The game plays great for me. It is kind of difficult to get a hold of because of the camera, but there are good tutorials at the start of campaign missions.

And if you wish to exit the game and go to windows, hit ALT-F4. I like the game to be honest, and I absolutley love when Y Wings hook up the cables to the big Walkers legs and take it down...just like the movie.

Ray

------------------

SWAT 3 Page

Panzer Elite(not up)

Combat Mission(comming soon)Page

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

Yeah, Force Commander's patch just fixed the multiplayer stability and lag. It did add one feature that I know of. It added a message to the skirmish mode at least that says which side wins and "what-not". Haven't played a campaign scenario yet with the patch.

MantaRay, those are the Airspeeders that use the Tow Cables, not the Y-Wings, wink.gif Y-Wings are the bombers.

However, looking at some of the on-line computer game review sites, they're really stuck on eye-candy. Seems if the graphics aren't state-of-the-art, they don't like the game. Daily Radar just gave Armada a good review based soley on it's opening movie and game eye-candy. Of course it didn't mention anything about the TONS of bugs. wink.gif They trashed Force Commander for slightly dated graphics, but so what, right? Looks kinda scary for CM frown.gif

It's ashame Force Commander didn't use CM's floating camera system. frown.gif