How about a separate "Scenario Forum?"

I just wanted to head off possible future "spoiler related" flamewars concerning the final release.

Okay, so everybody will want to play scenario's blind.

But also people WILL want to share experiences AND ask questions.

It seems obvious we'd be much better off if we'd have a separate forum for this kind of stuff.

It's simple: If you want to play blind DO NOT visit that specific forum.

The way it goes now we have to watch every word, every step of the way, so to speak, and we're talking only ONE new scenario only!

Imagine what happens when there's fifty available...

Any support for this idea? Suggestions?

Hmmm, interesting thought, but I guess Matt or Fionn would know best whether it's possible. On a related issue, however, I would suggest that many of the topics discussed could just as easily be discussed without bringing the scenario itself into play. For example, if a question comes up about how tanks use the ambush command, it can probably be discussed without mentioning the scenario at all. The issue usually doesn't have to do with the specific scenario so much as the general question of how the ambush works. Now obviously, with only the two gold scenarios it might get a little obvious, but for future reference a general question will probably suffice. I know that I want to know the answers to some of these questions but I also want to be able to play some scenarios blind.

Joe

------------------

"Son," says I to him, "you're a Dragon. And a Dragon ACTS like a Dragon or he doesn't act at all."

Smrgol, Dragon

I think it could work without much trouble...maybe just a little retraining needed for the old timers here wink.gif I say this, because Apolyton has a TON of forums, and they usually don't seem to have much trouble with them "spilling over" into each other. They have one forum devoted entirely to OT. You should see some of the crap on THAT one! rolleyes.gif

------------------

The original point and click interface was a Smith and Wesson.

Guest Username:

Heres my plan. If and when the game comes out and I decide to order, I will stop reading the forum. Its that simple. After I have played all the scenario once, then I can read the board.

If BTS decides to open a tech support forum and have a big "DONT POST SCENARIO INFO IN QUESTIONS" on top, then maybe I will read that.

As far as the demo, I guess if people knew there was 1 new scenario AND they wanted to play a blind game AND they had self control, they could have just played and STOPPED READING THE BOARD. When would it be permissable to speak about Valley? When they are through? When the product comes out?

There are going to be so many new junior members coming in and no way for them to have a clue about YOUR special interests that its virtually impossible except for YOU special people to limit yourselves if you can control yourselves.

Lewis

I am including this link http://www.ja-galaxy-forum.com/

to give an excellent example of how it could be. Need to know something: just hop to your specific topic. Also, the search function could be divided between these sub-forums which would make searches easier IMO.

There are now so many posts on this forum that maybe it's time to clean up a bit too, and 'file stuff away in different folders'.

I understand this won't get itsself done, and BTS does have other things on their mind at the moment than doing a complete overhaul of this forum, I believe.

Patiently waiting what the future brings...

Guest Zulu1

While this may be a problem for the Gold Demo, I think that when the official game comes out with it's 50 scenarios it will be less of a problem. Look at CC2. Even though you knew the map, the deployment and number of troops made the scenario reasonably fresh. Plus the random battle generator will generate new maps quickly. Also, I'm sure that Wild Bill's site will quickly have a bunch of user made scenarios available. Maybe he can have a separate folder for "tournament" maps which could be used for blind pmb's.

Well, I for one would welcome a section that deals with scenario specific issues where people could post "spoiler" information if they wished to do so.

And there isn't, obviously, any way that anyone can police the posts to be sure that spoiler information isn't listed.

OTOH, I LIKE to read the posts and have picked up valuable information from reading them. So I guess that the solution is to do the best we can :) If it turns out that a particular scenario gets spoiled and I can't play it blind, so be it. But if there is way to create a Scenario section to minimize the problem I'd be all for it.

Finally, I hope that those of us who like surprises aren't being too obnoxious about Spoiler requests, we just don't want to miss out on any of the ... fun ????? So thanks to those of you who are honoring our requests, we really do appreciate it.

Joe

------------------

"Son," says I to him, "you're a Dragon. And a Dragon ACTS like a Dragon or he doesn't act at all."

Smrgol, Dragon

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

All it would take is to create a sub-folder like Battlefront.com Forum/Combat Mission/Scenario Discussion and then create threads with topics concerning particular scenarios. As right now, the Combat Mission Forum is one of General Discussion. So in my POV, anything goes concerning CM.