I got the word out !

I work at Wizards of the Coast (makers of Magic: The Gathering, D&D and Pokemon) and managed to get a blurb about CM into the March issue of our card gaming magazine: Top Deck.

I doubt anyone here gets the mag, but it's on page 18. The mag just got back from the printers and will hit shelves in about a week. It has a circulation of around 200,000.

The editors also included a teeny-tiny picture of the Last Defense Tiger from the CM homepage. I hope that was OK. I didn't know they were going to use a pic.

I figure every little bit helps. Anyone else managed any CM blurbs in unlikely places?

Matt

[This message has been edited by citizen (edited 02-11-2000).]

Uh not really but I sent mail to the people at MacGamers Ledge about my site and asked them to do a headline about it. People coming to my site means people finding out about Combat Mission which means more people buy it which means CM2 is better which means more people buy that which means CM3 is better....

Oh yeah Madmatt added a whole bunch of our site to 15 different search engine so if your link is in Combat Mission HQ's link page then remember to give Matt a big hug.

My dream is to have a Combat Mission convention so we can find out what these people I've been talking to for the last seven months look like.

------------------

Visit my webpage!

http://cm4mac.tripod.com

[This message has been edited by Colin (edited 02-11-2000).]

Great job! The fact that CM won't be in retail stores means that every little bit like this helps. I will be hyping it to the readers of my web page. It's a music site, so I don't know how much cross-over interest there will be. Nevertheless, even a few extra copies sold would be cool. Least we can do for Steve and Charles!

------------------

Rob Varak

Editor

Site on Sound: The Web's Premier Site For Musical Discussion

www.siteonsound.com

I've actually got a lot of people stumbling into my site looking for Squadleader info...and they soon notice CM goodies wink.gif

Its all in the meta tags biggrin.gif

------------------

CCJ

aka BLITZ_Force

My Hompage ----> http://www.geocities.com/coolcolj

Double your immersion with my Tweaked Textures and Saving Private Ryan sound set mods for CM!! Check out my music while your there! :P

Don't have that kind o media power. One of these days when I'm not up to my neck in other things, I might leard how to build a web page. I did however e-mail everybody I've ever played a PBEM game with. Word of mouth (e-mail) can be a powerfull tool. CM is just too cool not to share. Spread the word! biggrin.gif

------------------

He who gets there the fastest with the mostest wins.

[This message has been edited by EScurlock (edited 02-11-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Captain Foobar:

I was in the bathroom the other day, at a public library, and I scrawled "CM roolz!!" in the stall...So hopefully people will catch on! biggrin.gif

"For a good time, email mrPeng@blahblahblah.com"

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Anyone got any ides on what "CM" would be interpreted as meaning under these circumstances? I can't come up with anything good offhand, but ther's got to be a joke in there somewhere. wink.gif

------------------

He who gets there the fastest with the mostest wins.

Guest Madmatt

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by EScurlock:

...but there's got to be a joke in there somewhere. wink.gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think in that particular instance the joke was in Captian Foobars hands! biggrin.gif

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

combathq.thegamers.net