German flag and symbols

Greetings,

I downloaded the files containing the 'original' German flag plus improved symbols. I unzipped the two files but the improvements do not appear on my game screen. Am I doing something wrong? Is there a particular file I'd need to unzip into? Thanks.!

Ernie

P.S. - I keep getting my butt handed to me as the Germans in Villers Bocage. Once my reinforcements show up, the Brits shoot them to pieces. Anyone ther with similar experience?

I bagged 19 and then lost a track...I held up the allies till 'the cavalry' showed up.....then they got their asses kicked.

My tiger took hits from all over, but the. re-enforcements got killed 1st hit.

Did you also find that a rifle squad could distract a tiger from targetting a cromwell or firefly?

Wittman,

I didn't notice what you said about a rifle squad - too busy getting chewed up the moment my reinforcements arrived on the scene. I've even (gasp!) totally removed fog of war on that scenario to try and understand what's happening.

Ernie

• 3 weeks later...

Has anyone else had problems with the flag symbols?

I've downloaded ncrawlers bmp's and have tried both the "extract to CM bmp file" method and also simply clicking and dragging each file over the top of the original bmp.

I can now click on each of these files in the bmp folder of the game and see the new symbols but the game is still showing the old ones. My resolution is 800 x600 if that makes any difference. The files have been unzipped correctly I'm sure so this problem has got me stuffed, any thoughts guys?

Yes thats what I've done...

It seems crazy, it can't not work. Still a buddy of mine who modded his game no worries is coming over on the weekend to have a look. Hopefully I'll be able to let you guys know the full extent of my stupidity by next week smile.gif

Stuka,Ernie,

Just a thought:

If you have unzipped the *.BMP files to your /CMBO/BMP folder and you still can´t see the NAZI-Runes in the game, I am highly likely to assume that you start the game with a shortcut to the combatmission *.EXE on your CD-Rom drive ? Of course I can be wrong, but....check your combat mission shortcut anyways.

Helge

------------------

Sbelling chequed wyth MICROSOFT SPELLCHECKER - vorgs grate!

- The DesertFox -

Email: desertfox1891@hotmail.com

WWW: http://www.geocities.com/desertfox1891

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Ernie:

P.S. - I keep getting my butt handed to me as the Germans in Villers Bocage. Once my reinforcements show up, the Brits shoot them to pieces. Anyone ther with similar experience?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

There have been a lot of discussions on the csipgwar-historical on this scenario, including an AAR by me on how I won it (folowing a recommendation by Peter) after getting my ass shot off a half-dozen times.

If you can't find it, I can email it to you.

Henri

PS: Look Ma, no spoilers! biggrin.gif

Hey desert fox,

you are the man, no doubt about it, somehow i had the shortcut targeting the D drive not C. A bit of playing around was required as i don't know much about computers but now I've learn't a valuable lesson and i've got the add-ons working a treat! Thanks heaps