Are AT guns too easy to spot?

Seems like as soon as the AT gun fires it is instantly spotted. (even at large distance)

Maybe be it is just the way I position ATGs. (They are in the forest). Is the spotting ATG seems realistic in CM as far as you guys know?

(CloseCombat is opposite - some guns you can't spot from 1 meter - Don't FLAME me for mentioning that)

It all depends on how your AT gun is positioned. Is it in cover (woods, scattered trees, brush, etc.)? Are there dozens of enemy units in LOS when it shoots?

I have setup (and run into!) ambushes several times using AT guns in good cover that were able to fire several times before spotted--brewing up a good number of vehicles until then!--because they were in cover, and they were positioned in sight of a small kill zone and out of sight of everything else.

If you're setting up your AT guns on top of a hill commanding the entire battlefield, the moment they fire *every* enemy unit in sight is going to have an increased chance to spot it, and one of them is bound to spot it. Then a world of hurt comes down on your gun! Keep 'em hidden!

Dar

Oh, and one other thing--units and vehicles have their best chance of spotting units to their front, less to the sides, and much less to the rear. If you set up an AT gun to engage units from a flank as they pass through an area, you should definitely be able to get several shots off before being spotted.

Dar

I think you must be placing the ATGs poorly killmore.

I've had no trouble whatsoever keeping my guns hidden until they've gotten their third or fourth shot and/or kill.

Remember, HIDE the AT guns in areas with restricted LOS. That way they are much harder to spot and get at. Big open fields are BAD for ATGs

Hi,

my view is that it is important that AT guns are easy to spot , once they fire. The film I have seen from WW2 makes it clear AT guns/tank guns produced a huge blast when fired. If someone was observing a general area it would be difficult to miss.

All the best,

Kip.

------------------