Rollin Rollin Rollin, Keep that sherman rollin!

Well, I ordered on the 12th billed on the 14th and arrived the 17th.. Not Amazon.Com but a pretty good turnaround! Came in a standard USPS priority mail pouch with the CD in a mylar sleeve shrinkwrapped in the manual.. Well most of you know that already..

So my first impressions.. Playing free french against germans.. I have about a dozen sherman E3's, Green troups.. I slowly roll down the pavement, overlooking a large field with trees, enclosed in a hedgerow..

POW! one sherman up in flames! AAAG A PANTHER G! COMMENCE FIRING.. 7 tanks open fire with everything they got.. Kablang! (turret hit ricochetX6) Shells zing off his armor. left and right.. hitting the trees or the ground nearby! seeing that I am in an awkward position. CHARGE! I move all tanks at full speed right down the throat of the Panzer.. Blang! Blang! I lose one, two, three tanks.. one rolling at full speed, veers to the left, down an incline. RIGHT FOR THE CANAL!! AAAGH!! tank comes to a halt inches from the water as the crew bails.. 3 shermans make it to within inches. They Knock out the panthers main gun! shells break up on his armor! one sherman passes on the right, the other on the left one up the middle, The one on the right immobilizes the Panzer with a a track hit, the centre blocks his vision by brewing up within inches of the beast! Next turn the tank on the left slays the beast with a hit to the side.. just as the Panzers mate lumbers around the street corner, knocking out the one to the left!! AAAGH! RUN AWAY!!!

God I love this game.. I cant wait to try Flame Tanks!

Another tank to add to the list is Cromwells. They're faster than the Shermans and hopefully stand a better chance of rushing to a position to get off a flank shot on those evil enemy tanks.

In a scenario that I played recently, every enemy tank that I managed to kill was killed by a Cromwell. I had a Firefly with much better anti-armor capability, but it wasn't fast enough to get into a good firing position.

Now if I could manage to find a tank with the speed of a Cromwell along with the armor and firepower of a King Tiger... Well, if I found this tank in Combat Mission I'd know that somebody managed to crack the unit data...

Lurker

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lurker:

Now if I could manage to find a tank with the speed of a Cromwell along with the armor and firepower of a King Tiger... Well, if I found this tank in Combat Mission I'd know that somebody managed to crack the unit data...

Lurker<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try a Crocodile (a Comet would do...): I had a JahdPanzer IV a km away knock off two Shermans with four shots while other tanks bounced four shells in a row off the JdPz. Then I brought up my Crocodile flame tank, and the JdPz bounced five shells off the beast before the Comet following up behind knocked off the JdPz with his first hit. Talk about a one-two punch...

Henri

[This message has been edited by Henri (edited 07-18-2000).]