Question about the tcp/ip networking code

I'm aware that it will likely not be included in the initial release for the game, and will probably be provided as a downloadable patch. Fair nuff. But, my question is; will a 3rd demo with the networking code included be released or will a patch that will include tcp/ip play into the gold demo be made available?

In other words, will I have a chance to assess h2h play prior to purchase?

Thanks

Tom

(Post of tangential relevance follows...)

For what it's worth, I'm playing a game of CM right now on a LAN at the uni I work at. (My opponent is currrently trying to fight off my assault in Chance Encounter). smile.gif

Currently we need to use a workaround, using PBEM and a shared file. Clumsy, but workable.

The point of this is that this game is going to be *really, really* fun when the tcp/ip is in. I mean, taunting on email is fine, but for a real hoot nothing beats doing a happy dance when your shreck teams have ambushed their second Sherman, and your opponent is swearing because he *still* can't see them. biggrin.gif

Another workaround (and one that works fine my me) is to get on AIM or ICQ and swap files that way; it's still a little slower than TCP/IP because the two players can't be doing stuff at the same time, but I personally like using AIM to chat, and will probably prefer it to a chat feature in-game [no offense to BTS, but I like to be on AIM to talk to other, non-CM friends (gaps, yes I have them!)]

DjB