Isn't it about time Capt. Manieri gets awarded another one of his own awards?

Hmmm, is there a pot calling a kettle black here? Let's see...

Manieri=Kettle

Maximus=Pot

Yup, that is exactly what is happening here.

I personally would far sooner read 30 of Manieri's posts made in youthful (not childish!) exuberance than just one more of Minimus' often cutting remarks.

Craig

ps. If you are such a realist Minimouse, then you should know that in reality you do not go around picking at (or on) people constantly, and then add various smilies to convince youself that what you are saying is funny.

LISTEN TO ME AND LISTEN GOOD! I did not post anything over at the CC forum. Maximus, you are completely wrong!!!! I was at the forum and I read some stuff....but I never took the time to log in and register and all that B.S. If you can find one post that "I" made over at that forum then you can razz me all you want. Now did I make fun of CC'ers here at THIS forum? Yes! But I'm at my home plate and I'm not wandering into foreign territory and making a beef. Maximus....get a freakin' clue. Shut up and try to find something that I posted over there at CC. Go now. Try and find it.

[This message has been edited by Capt. Manieri (edited 06-16-2000).]

[This message has been edited by Capt. Manieri (edited 06-16-2000).]

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Capt. Manieri:

But I'm at my home plate and I'm not wandering into foreign territory and making a beef. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Why do I bother? Never mind. Manieri, as you might have noted, your posts were being used at the CC forum to slam all of us here as immature, childish and foul-mouthed. And somehow I find it hard to believe that you use the language you so lovingly discharge in your posts at home, but be that as it may, I for one find it wholly inappropriate here, and damaging to CM and wargaming to boot. I know you did not post over there, and if you should now feel the urge to let loose against me, hesitate a moment and think.

------------------

Andreas

Guest Germanboy

............! All I can say is...."attitude!"<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Care to explain? I am honestly curious. I am a non-native speaker, and not very well versed in American English, having learned my bit in Eire and the UK.

------------------

Andreas

Guest Germanboy

Warum führen Sie Urteil auf mir? Ich möchte nicht über dieses Thema weiter argumentieren. Sie bilden Probleme, indem Sie mit mir kämpfen wünschen. Beenden Sie es jetzt. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not bad, pretty good German, although the tone of the last request is a bit impolite - try adding "bitte". I am not interested in a fight - I would just like to understand why your 'attitude' is more important than the reputation of this board. That you do not wish to discuss this I can well understand though.

------------------

Andreas

Ah but you see Ben, when you invite someone, even a troll from another group, to "shove it up your mother's ass", you DO harm this group and this board. The fact that you do it on your "home plate" makes it worse, there's an old saying "Don't foul your own nest."

We understand that you are passionate about this game, many of us are, but you must temper your enthusiasm with some caution. THINK before you post ... then think again.

Frankly your posts lead directly to just the sort of abuse you seem to dislike. So perhaps if you post more carefully the abuse will at least moderate.

Joe

Capt. Manieri,

a) Please, no more German.

B) I think Germanboy just wanted you to explain the meanig of your "attitude" post. It doesn't sound like he was accusing you of anything.

c) No More German, please. wink.gif

Guest Germanboy

GermanBoy, Ich würde nie absichtlich versuchen, dieses BBS zu entehren. Warum würden Sie mich möchten BTS schädigen denken? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well actually I don't think that. And I never said I did. And while I fully agree that this Sabot guy is a troll, the problem is that your posts were being used against the board. Now I know and understand that that is the last thing you are interested in, and that is why I was interested in why you posted them. My suspicion would be that you did not give the matter a lot of thought, and you were not the only one there. I certainly have had my moments when I came on a bit too strong, yet I would say that maybe we should all work on this a bit and try not to give ammunition to people who are out to damage this board, CM and the people who come here.

Another one of my grandmother's wise-cracks (can't you see I love to bring those up): 'Wer schreit hat unrecht". ("If you have to shout, you are wrong").

The danger with posting to a BBS is that you can only be judged on the basis of what you post. If you resort to swearing all too often, it will affect the way people think of you. It is simple as that. Obviously there are limitations to those judgements, and I hope I understand those. So any judgement I make about your posts should not be seen to extend to your person unless I specifically say so. And even then you are more then welcome to think of me as an old git who has not got a clue. I expect most of my students do.

------------------

Andreas

Guest TURBO

Probbably shouldn't put this in but to many brews after work. manieri annonymus probbably spelled it wrong but! And maximus respect your opinions but they are no better than mine.

Guest TURBO

Shouldn't have put in that last post, come on guys life is to short for this kind of behavior.

[This message has been edited by TURBO (edited 06-16-2000).]

Turbo, no offence was meant at all. I actually hoped the "when everything's said and done" reference would put an end to this ongoing behaviour (grow up, Juju, grow up).

To all: There's room enough on this board for all of us. Now, we may not like all of the others here. That's quite normal. There are some people here that even I dislike. However, I don't go around trying to piss them off for it. But if any of you want to get 'up-close and personal' with someone, fine by me. But next time, please just send them a frickin' email, but don't bother others on this board with it. Please?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Himself:

I think, therefore I post<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Huh, take the path that I've been forced to by mistakes, and that others should:

I think before I post. smile.gif

------------------

After witnessing exceptional bravery from his Celtic mercenaries, Alexander the Great called them to him and asked if there was anything they feared. They told him nothing, except that the sky might fall on their heads.