Suggestions for new features in CM2

Just got into CM, sorry if this has been covered before.

1.) Easier way to evaluate terrain for elevation, like a different map mode that shows different colors, at least for the area your units can see. It's a pain to change elevation to your unit location and then having to look around. Unless this was left this way for realism. Just too much micromanagement for me.

2.) Some way to have all hostile units visible to your units highlight. After a turn or two, it's easy to forget all the threats.

3.) After the battle I would like to re-read the scenario info again to evaluate how I did and I have to restart it to do this fully. More info on the exact composition of the units of each side in a results screen would be nice, and eliminate part of the reason for restarting to review. (but you have to restart and play as both sides to see what each side started with)

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>It's a pain to change elevation to your unit location and then having to look around. Unless this was left this way for realism. Just too much micromanagement for me.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Leave it the way it is. Part of the fun for me is getting down in the dirt and figuring out the best terrain to use to mask my approach.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Some way to have all hostile units visible to your units highlight. After a turn or two, it's easy to forget all the threats.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Just Shift-C a few time to increase the visible size of the units. Also, use shift-T to get rid of trees temporarily.

------------------

Two Rules to Live By:

1. Never Get Out of the Boat.

2. Charlie Doesn't Surf.

I have some additional suggestions/questions for CM2.

1. How about including the ability to name one of your headquarters or squads, with your own name for example.

2. How about keeping statistics on a particular unit or units from scenario to scenario and for operations. By stats, I mean number of kills, units captured, casualties taken, etc. It would be nice to track this sort of thing for an entire campaign. Which brings me to my next point.

3. How about creating campaigns, where a number of operations or scenarios are linked to create a campaign. I think being able to track a unit with your own name, over a series of battles would add some additional immersion to this fantastic game.

4. Also if the above ideas are incorporated, how about giving out promotions. You could track a unit over a series of battles. For example, if a unit performs well in one battle they would be promoted and their skill ratings would increase, making them more effective in their next combat mission.

BTS - Thanks for making such a great game and all of your hard work.

Guest dirkd1976

I'd like to see fires in buildings cover less of an area so quickly. For instance, I had a panzerfaust fire off a shell from inside a two story stone building and instantly the whole building was in flames. Maybe if the larger building were divided into four cubes which the fire could start in one and spread to the others. I don't know how hard this would be to program, but it would be nice to see in CM2, especially with all the city fighting (Stalingrad, etc.....). To me it seems a bit unrealistic that in two seconds flat and entire two story building is completely engulfed in flames. Just my 2 cents.

------------------

Never mistake motion for action - Ernest Hemingway

Ol' Longhair you can chose names. But you have to make a scenario and chose under edit unit specal name_________. Ok wink.gif

------------------

Fight for your right!To play CM!:)

Join Rob's CMMC today Email me at <A HREF="mailto:Robisme_ca@hotmail.com

">Robisme_ca@hotmail.com

</A> Rob

For more info on Rob;s CMMC go to Robs CMMC HQ

Members of my CMMC should join my CMMC chat bord. http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/robscmmchqbord