Steve---Sneak Command Flaws?

Steve-- I noticed a comment by you earlier that the "sneak" command needed some code changes in Patch 1.0 or 1.01.

Since many of us---especially those in distant regions will need to continue to fight for some time yet with the demos and the current "sneak" code , could you please briefly indicate how we should just use the present "sneak" command so as not to experience the frustrations so gut-wrenchingly described by a number of members in various posts recently.

Many thanks

The main problem with the sneak command as I see is that they don't tend to fire while they're sneaking. Seems like one of my first games from the Gold Demo I encountered that. They will fire as they move only in "move" and "run" modes, I think.

I think that's right, right?

------------------

"The greatest risk...is not taking one."

Guest Big Time Software

Pretty much right on the money Maximus. There really is no work around for this except to sneak either short distances or to do so in areas where you know there is a low chance of running into the enemy.

Steve

Steve --

One possibility might be to tweak "sneak." Perhaps if there is a target within, say 5 to 20m (depending on the terrain type?), then your guys will open fire.

This would allow sneak to be used to sneak up on a target? I don't know enough about the game to know what that might do, though.

It also may be that I don't understand the logic behind sneak vs. move. If sneak is just move without shooting, then we probably don't need this. OTOH, if sneak also reduces spot chances, at cost of even slower movement, I think it would be valuable to do this.

Sage

Guest Big Time Software

Sneak has been tweaked. smile.gif

With the patch, sneaking units, when fired upon, stop sneaking and are highly likely to return fire.

Charles

Brilliant! Thanks Charles, that sounds to me exactly like the way I "thought" it did work, using the sneak command.

I think that sounds VERY realistic to me.

-tom w

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Big Time Software:

Sneak has been tweaked. smile.gif

With the patch, sneaking units, when fired upon, stop sneaking and are highly likely to return fire.

Charles<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

------------------

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> "Have you thanked BTS by buying your SECOND copy of CM yet?" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Guest Madmatt

Wow, wouldn't it be cool if somehow I could post a list of all the relevant stuff that was fixed and tweaked in the 1.01 patch???

WELL GUESS WHAT???? confused.gif

Thats what I am going to do!!!!

Coming later tonight on CMHQ:

THE PATCH 1.01 README FILE COMPLETE WITH FIXES AND TWEAKS!!!!

Answer all those nagging questions in the back of your head about:

Barbed wire

Tanks that refuse to receive commands

spotting

Indirect Fire

and the list goes on and on....

Wait for the BIG UPDATE THREAD later on tonight and then head over to CMHQ for the latest news!!!!

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing