Help me Please!!!!!!!

I just read the thread "What's up with the smoke" and went to the 3dfx site and updated my driver. It installed great, but when I rebooted my computer it came up with a large and very obnoxious black border all the way around the screen. It's even there when I'm playing a game. And the CM graphics are abominable!!! When I started the game up it asked me if I wanted to run in software mode or something, (weird because I only have the demo,) and I hit ok thinking it would be better. Now I get blocky graphics and everything jumps around. I tried rebooting and I still get the border, I don't know what to do. Help!

Check your screen resolution, sniper. When you load the new drivers from 3DFX, the default resolution becomes 800x600. Change to the resolution you normally use and reboot. Also, you might want to try reinstalling Directx. I've read that you should reinstall Directx after changing video drivers. Hope it helps.

Guest KwazyDog

And delete the file called 'Combat Mission Bynd Ovr Prefs' in your combat mission directory. Next time you run CM is will ask again about your video settings. Make sure you select the voodoo video card, not software rendering.

Go to

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/release.asp?ReleaseID=16819

and download Direct X 7.0a. Once it's downloaded you can install it. It will install itself, you should just have to double click on the icon (it might even prompt you to install it once it's finished).

------------------

To conquer others is to have power,

To conquer yourself is to have strength.

-Lao Tzu

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by silentsniper:

I just read the thread "What's up with the smoke" and went to the 3dfx site and updated my driver. It installed great, but when I rebooted my computer it came up with a large and very obnoxious black border all the way around the screen. It's even there when I'm playing a game. And the CM graphics are abominable!!! When I started the game up it asked me if I wanted to run in software mode or something, (weird because I only have the demo,) and I hit ok thinking it would be better. Now I get blocky graphics and everything jumps around. I tried rebooting and I still get the border, I don't know what to do. Help!<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sniper,

You may have to adjust your monitor settings again as well as your display resolution,by that I mean the push button adjustments on your monitor.Sometimes loading new drivers screws up the desktop and the monitor has to be adjusted.FIRST do the display resolution thing!

Dick biggrin.gif

Guest Captitalistdoginchina

You may find that you should uninstall the old driver completly first, then install your new driver.

CDIC

------------------

"Death solves all problems - no man no problem"

J.V.Stalin, 1918