That little M8 howitzer motor carriage

Man, this little M8 is a great little support tankett. Excellent at close infantry support and for knocking out ACs, halftracks, even stugs and lt tanks. Only wish it could use the .50 mg mounted on it but I think it doesn't because it's in an AA mount??

-johnS

ps~ O-I-C..has to be unbuttoned to fire the .50 cal...do'h!

m8how.jpg

with a weathered look.

[This message has been edited by Tiger (edited 08-22-2000).]

AND you need to be careful. The game has reported this vehicle as a Stuart. Making tactical decisions based upon THAT assumption can be hazardous to the health of your units. Damned thing held me up for turns and killed three of my vehicles before I finally nailed it. And all the time Mark Ezra was chortling when I kept cursing his "Stuart" that was killing StuGs and AC's.

Joe

Guest Michael emrys

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tiger:

Man, this little M8 is a great little support tankett. Excellent at close infantry support and for knocking out ACs, halftracks, even stugs and lt tanks.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

True, it's a decent little weapon. But REAL MEN choose the 105 Sherman for true kick-ass close support work. It makes BIG holes in the ground and in the enemy's OoB.

Michael

Guest grunto

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

AND you need to be careful. The game has reported this vehicle as a Stuart. Making tactical decisions based upon THAT assumption can be hazardous to the health of your units. Damned thing held me up for turns and killed three of my vehicles before I finally nailed it. And all the time Mark Ezra was chortling when I kept cursing his "Stuart" that was killing StuGs and AC's.

Joe<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes I've noticed that. The M8 was probably more rare in front line combat so the AI thinks it's a "Stuart?" at first.

Yes the M8 HMC is my favorite AFV in the game. The only thing is that it doesn't carry troops so you have to get M3A1s and T8s and Jeep .50s for that.

Andy