CM - Full Version v.1.02 existent? I have it...

Hey,

Well finally today I got my copy of CM! WOOHHOOO I gladly paid the customs charge, (damn gov). Anyways here is my problem. Before I got it, I always thought that CM shipped at v1.00 and the patch put it up to 1.01, and only the demo was 1.02. Well my FULL VERSION of CM is version 1.02!

From the readme:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>COMBAT MISSION: BEYOND OVERLORD v1.02

Copyright 2000 Big Time Software, Inc.

All Rights Reserved Worldwide

June 22, 2000

Thank you for purchasing Combat Mission Beyond Overlord!...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

When I try to install the 1.01 patch, and I run the game, it says "CD Required" (ofcourse its in). Also I checked the files, and all the bmp's and wav's that the 1.01 patch includes, is already in my CM dir (unpatched).

Can anyone explain this? Do I need to patch it? Or does it already have everything v1.01 has?

Any help will be appreciated thx.

------------------

¤§ïѤ

Version 1.02 is 1.01 plus more, so you don't want to try and patch it. The second batch of CDs were version 1.02, same as the latest demo. The next patch you need to worry about is 1.03 when it is released.

Oh, so after awhile they began manufacturing "upgraded" cd's? Already patched?

Phewwwwwwww Im so happy. When I first got these erros and stuff my heart sank, I didnt want any problems smile.gif

Thx Dave (thats my name too wink.gif

------------------

¤§ïѤ

You do not need the 1.01 patch if ya have 1.02 CD already. I'd recommend un-installing it due to the fact you put the 1.01 patch in afterwards. Might be causin some sort of prob. Just do a re-install with whats on the CD then try it.

Good Luck M8

------------------

Thanks for Athskin!

Grognerd_Fogman

Regretably there is a huge issue in that case, in fact with ANY situation in which the CD used is of a different age (i.e. not burned at exactly the same time). In those cases the user of the newer version will inevitably beat the user of the older version in a PBEM game. Since there is no way to determine exactly when the respective CDs were burned, any losses I have incurred (which represent a number approaching unity when compared to the total number of games I've played) are the result of the inequality of the CD's ... that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Joe

I dont think there is a difference, here is a quote from the 1.02 readme:

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>* This is version 1.02 of Combat Mission Beyond Overlord. If you wish to

play-by-email (PBEM) with someone else, he must use v1.01 or later, preferably

v1.02. If he has the original v1.0, he can upgrade by downloading a free update

patch from www.battlefront.com.