BTS, does CM support EAX sound??

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

Guest Ol' Blood & Guts

I have a new SoundBlaster Live! X-Gamer card coming to me, probably tomorrow (Wednesday) via UPS. It of course has EAX support, so I was wondering if CM utilizes that technology.

PS. I ordered it when Steve re-affirmed that the sounds in the final version were going to be in 44Khz instead of the 22Khz stereo.

PPS. I also made my decision after I asked previously on this BBS for a good soundcard.

------------------

"When in doubt...shell."

Unfortunately I don't think it does. I remember someone saying this a while back. I have a SB Live!Value, which supports EAX, but haven't noticed it being implemented. What you can do, is set up the Auto Environmental Audio feature to start with CM. What I did, was preset the AEA to a forest setting. It does add a bit to the enviornental sounds wink.gif

------------------

krm - King of useless posts;)

I have a SBLive Value and I have also set my card to the 'forest' setting. Seemed the most appropriate.

Just don't forget to set it back because other things will sound really funky on your computer.

If you just bought an SB Live, may I suggest getting good speakers to go along with them? I have Midiland S2/4030 speakers and I absolutely love them. If I had the money I would have bought S2/4100s. I've listened to CM on 'typical' computer speakers and the game sounds weak and tinny. The arty sounds like it is coming from a pop gun.

I'm guessing that the soundcard cost you around $100 - the Midland 4030s will likely cost around $130.

I like my speakers so much I've replayed turns just to listen to the sounds of all the carnage.

Jason