Live firing of MG42

pritzl

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by pritzl:

Hey guys,

Awhile ago, somebody posted a link to a webpage showing live firing of an MG42 by some reinactors.

Does anyone have that link offhand. I've tried to search (both here and search engines) but have come up with nothing.

Thanks for any help.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I know of such a site that shows what appears to be a real MG42 being fired but really isn't if you want that one. =|

Kitty

The book "German Automatic Weapons of World War II" by Robert Bruce is a good reference.

Shows detailed step by step field-stripping, close ups, live firing using ammunition from the period. Lots of color photos of the various weapons being fired and field stripped with comments.

-john

For those of you that live anywhere within driving distance of Kearney, Nebraska you should drive on down there in August. They have a machne gun shoot where I personally witnessed a MG42 and MG34 fired before me. To say the least it left me with a healthy fear and respect for the guns.

Jeff

P.S. BTW i don't live in Nebraska... wink.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tiger:

The book "German Automatic Weapons of World War II" by Robert Bruce is a good reference.

Shows detailed step by step field-stripping, close ups, live firing using ammunition from the period. Lots of color photos of the various weapons being fired and field stripped with comments.

-john<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have that one too, Tiger. It's neat. =)

Kitty