AAA- Other Uses

I am pretty sure that in other posts it states that any weapon can be used to attack ground troops. 20mm AA can be just as deadly against troops as it is against aircraft. Take a look at the 88 used in Risenburg, that's an AA gun in action with ground targets! However, if you have AA guns targeting land targets it takes them longer to aim up and shoot at aircraft. So, you have to use your own judgement.

... but (I'm pretty sure) you can't use an 88mm Flak to fire at Jabos. Sounds counter-intuitive, but if you think about it long enough it makes sense smile.gif

Regards

Jon

------------------

Ubique

AAA guns can fire against ground targets.

The 20mm Flavierling works a treat against Allied infantry.

Jon, I'm sure the Flak 88 can be used against aircraft. It wouldn't be especially effective against fast-moving low-flying fighters but I'm sure it has the capability to fire at them.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Manager of Historical Research,

The Gamers Net - Gaming for Gamers

Guest Madmatt

To add to what Fionn said that Sd Kfz 7/1 in the scenario I was playing fired some really mean bursts into a house full of American troops, including one notable private! A bazooka is what finished that Flak-truck off not the rockets.

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

combathq.thegamers.net

Jon S,

Hmm, I hadn't remembered that... In that case I'll have to check it out in a scenario... I thought I remembered a Flak 88 firing at a plane but I might have been wrong. There's so much to see in CM its easy to remember one detail wrong. Sorry about that.

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Guest Madmatt

I am pretty sure that I had Flak 88's in my test scenarios but I will double check once I get home and let you all know...

Madmatt cool.gif

------------------

combathq.thegamers.net

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 01-06-2000).]

Guest Stabsfeldwebel

hey remember in Saving private ryan when the 20mm cannon shredded those guys on the tiger? Isn't that a AA gun?

Guest Madmatt

Hey Stab, look up 7 messages, the exact same thing happendd when I played the scenario. What they are referring to are the Heavy Flak guns I believe as in the Flak 88 and not the 20mm cannons which are quite potent in the anti-personal role. To be honest I am just about 100% certain that I used those Flak 88's and they can fire in both modes, give me 5 more hours and I'll have all the answers! cool.gif

Madmatt eek.gif

------------------

combathq.thegamers.net

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 01-06-2000).]

Stabsfeldwebel,

Yes the gun in SPR was a 20mm.. Just wait until you see the Flakvierling 2cm ( a 4-barrelled 20mm.. It fires four times as many rounds and is just wonderful for shredding enemy HTs etc.

If you catch an entire mounted company with just a platoon of these you'll wipe out every HT and most of the infantry. They're really great weapons wink.gif

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Ohh yeah...... High caliber automatics HOhh Hohh Hohh, if a 50cal can do that to a HT wonder what a Quad 2cm....ahhhh Sorry have to clean myself BRB smile.gif

-Fionn have you recived my email on the CM-campain yet. Havent heard a reply yet. :P

Resend it to me or tell me your real name and I'll check..

When was it sent in? If it was a while ago urs might have been one of the ten which the server screwed up on me...

------------------

Fionn Kelly

Resend it to me or tell me your real name and I'll check..

When was it sent in? If it was a while ago urs might have been one of the ten which the server screwed up on me...

OH.. I also lost ALL mail from about the 27th or so due to Y2K seemingly.. If anyone sent me mail duringthe week from the 26th to the 1st then I probably didn't get it.

------------------

Fionn Kelly