Please stay off our cc forum.

Guest KwazyDog

Agreed Max, pitty guys from over there came here and did the same thing too, I actually respected that until they did. Its a childish and sad move. I mean really, why dont we all just get out the damn tape meansure and see who really does have the biggest.

Seriously though, we should be supporting each other, not flaming each other. Our genre is one that is at risk of disappearing from our systems. We are talking about two different games yes, but there is a lot to be said about both. Each to their own, but why cant we accept the others point of view, why do we have to flame.

Why cant we all just get along?

I think Sabot was just trying to show you guys what it feels like to have people come on your board and start bashing your game. Although I do not suport any of these flames, it was CM people who came to our board first. KrazyDawg, I respect you greatly, and thank you for making such an excelent map maker, which I considor the biggest influences on the cc community. I hope one day you will play close combat again, and make more awesome tools.

Thanks for ending up respectful Max. I have never played cc before, so I had no intent of coming over there for a spew.

Now, having said that, I can unreservedly insure you that CM is a better game because I can offer you a can of whoopass, and you can't offer me one since I use a Mac.

Thankfully, BTS own a couple too, and I won't ever be left behind like I would have been with cc.

------------------

desert rat wannabe

Guest KwazyDog

Max, hehe, yeah, I do know what he was trying to do smile.gif

The thing he should remember is that 99% of people here DIDNT go over there and stur up trouble, and probably are as dissapointed at the 1% that did as I am. Its unnecessary, but we all know that. I guess it comes down to the fact that we arent all adults here, there are a lot of children too with, well, a lot to learn smile.gif

Max, I did enjoy the CC series for what they are, CC2 especially. Ill be honest here and tell you what really drove me from the CC forums....It was some of the posts from the CC development team themselves. Bottom line is that thier behavior towards their own customers (no myself) was quite shocking to me and I found it hard to support a company with such ethics.

Thanks for the kinds words Max and not starting another flame war, its nice to see. smile.gif I didnt even download the demo of CC4 to be honest but am planning to check out CC5 in the future. For me, they would have to make some major changes in certain areas for me to get back into it, but you never know, hehe smile.gif

Well, I don't know if you knew him, but MAd Bunny (aka eric young) left atomic a couple of days ago. Personaly, I have great respect for him, he always ansewered my questions and he implemented many of the features we asked for into cc5.

Guest KwazyDog

It was about a year ago now max and I dont remember whom actually posted what I saw but it wasnt him. I did see many posts from him and he did indeed seem very helpful.

If I recall it was one of the two main guys at atomic that posted the remarks I saw. I even emailed them at my shock to the posts to see if it indeed was them and not an imposter and recieved a lot of abuse back in response. I can honestly tell you I was polite and so was the guy whom had posted before me. Im not sure what their problem was but damn they must have lost themselves some customers.

Oh and Max, very cool maps, Ive just checked them out! smile.gif Hehe, I wish you were into CM, it has a great map editor smile.gif

Guest grunto

it's interesting the appeal of the arnhem one... i found it very weird. i was allies and found a hunting tiger with one of my forces. after the game ai decided the jagdtiger was thrashing me badly enough over a series of battles in that sector, it went and drove the hunting tiger right up next to a cowering infantry unit and went up in flames... i went 'what the ???' then realized that must have been a lucky grenade or something... man that was just too hokey... there couldn't have been hunting tigers at arnhem could there have? wasn't that a 1945 afv which was mostly dug in because of the extremely unreliable running gear?

during the raised road one the briefing told me to keep my afvs on the road but when the scenario started the germans had tanks everywhere out in the fields. i thought u.s. armor had better ground pressure over soft ground? i could have sworn i had a couple of shermans. was having german vehicles in the fields historical?

andy

I agree that CC2 was the best one. Lots of mods have given them some interesting gameplay.

Different league compared to CM IMO.

CC2 is still on my HDD, CC3 is there to, currently incarnated as Vietnam.

BTW, where's this CC forum?? I wanna watch the BBQ.

Fen

Max Tork, if you are talking about the Message Board at the TGN website, then I can tell you, no one flamed your game, well, not until after some of the people at your forum flamed ours. If you are talking about the other one, I agree, it was just a big pissing contest and should never of happened (maybe if your board administrator could close down any threads started with topidcs like that??), we should stick together, us wargamers, not fight amongst oursleves. Im personally looking forward to buying CC5 omaha beach, thats if they have fixed the bugs in the previous versions.