Join Up (ot)

Hopefully I can get CM movies,(once the patch for that comes out), at the Division's site. The movies can be a great source to make sure everyone understands how our missions are to be played out.

With the CM editor, we can even set up movies showing specific duels between vehicles to have our troops aware of vehicle capabilities.

This is going to be one hot summer smile.gif

[This message has been edited by iggi (edited 04-24-2000).]

Iggi, I've now posted a question several times on the "infantry combat" forum on WW2OnlineHQ; however, although it is a MAJOR issue, nobody has any decent answer for me. I'd be very grateful, if you could give me an explanation for it, since you look like a WW2Online veteran(and the game isn't even out yet... smile.gif )

To me WW2Online is a purely tactical game, although it pretends to cover all aspects of military planning. There are only 500 men per side on a giant map that is several thousands of miles wide and long.

My question is: how will it be possible to play out a campaign that involved the entire german army with a force that isn't even the size of a battalion!? If the krauts decide to attack Paris, with 500 men, they won't even be able to capture a fraction of the town, considering that Paris is about 20miles wide and that a battalion cannot advance safely covering more than a few miles on its advance...

This seems a serious gameplay issue to me(I don't want the campaign to be a series of inconclusive minor skirmishes), and yet the people out there seem not care about it!

Thanks for possibly shedding some light on this, Iggi.

Hi PanzerLeader,

No I am not a veteran. I found out about WWii online about a month ago. I'm really excited about it and picked up a rifle and joined a squad smile.gif

This game will be a simulation not the usual fps. How Playnet will deal with the player limit has not yet been revealed. I am as eager to know more as you are.

Private Ryan, is it true you have a real Whermacht veteran on your squad?

Thanks for the replies guys. This problem really gives me a headache...Why didn't they use a much smaller map? Why did they have to boast:"Hey, our map covers western Europe in its entirety and is only 1:2!"

Hmmm...It will all sound even more ridiculous for Russia I guess wink.gif

I hope the game is worth it though!

BTW how will the OOB work?