Another Convert. Well done Big Time

I came across this game by accident (looking for Falcon 4.0 stuff on Combatsim). After reading the reviews, of course I had to get the demo).

One word comes to mind. A very important word some games designers tend to forget. FUN.

This game is FUN. The minute by minute decision making is a fantastic idea and has been implemented well.

I must admit, I was a little dissapointed with some of the graphics... at first. But it's like getting used to a painting style. It grows on you, especially when those mortors are raining down. WOW.

With all 4 speakers turned up I could almost feel those clods of earth falling on me. And the shaking camera effect really adds to it.

Not only all this but the game is so accessable. In the readme file it says just do what you think will work and that's precisley it. No mucking about.

At one stage a German tank came thundering over the ridge and my little Shermans went mad. Popping smoke and back peddling trying to find cover without a word from me! Excellent.

So I've ordered my copy which I eaggerly await and Close Combat can go back in the draw. It's a shame it's not in the stores as it would really give Microsoft something to thin about!!

------------------

Simon "Onejob" Page

I'll second that. Definately FUN. It makes you feel all smart and stuff, then let's you PLAY! What a concept. It really is as much fun to watch the action go down as it is to plan the action in the 1st place. Just wait til' you get the full version, sir! Unreal.