Mouse scroll wheel support?

First before the question I would like to say (HI!) to everyone, being new on the Forums, and give a HUGE thanks for BTS for their time and effort.

Will there be mouse scroll wheel support for the game? Would really be great, especially for when you are going through the elevation views!

no, i guess the question isn't bad, i would also like to know it, as i have to jettison the rat i have used up to now biggrin.gif

i guess, the reason why nobody responded is that nobody knows... redface.gif

------------------

TargetDrone

who has a heart for smilies

and will defend their rights ....

even if the cost is bloody....

(as always... reading ahead would save editing afterwards... biggrin.gif)

[This message has been edited by TargetDrone (edited 06-08-2000).]

uhm well.. im aiming for one of the microsoft optical mice...

several reasons...

1. I hate microsoft, and if i get angry when playing, i always bash my mouse...

2. My logitech mouse always gets dirty, and then it doesnt move correctly...

3. im a lefty... and logitech mice are always designed for righthanders i guess

So, i guess it will be a mircosoft mouse... biggrin.gif

------------------

TargetDrone

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by thomasj:

First before the question I would like to say (HI!) to everyone, being new on the Forums, and give a HUGE thanks for BTS for their time and effort.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tom,

Welcome aboard. What do you do in USAREUR?

As for the mousewheel support...Sorry, I have no idea.

Blackhorse,

I was with the 1st AD in Germany for 9 years, but called it quits and became a GS civilian. Now I'm in the Netherlands. Primary field of work now is Systems Administration. You name it, I have to support mostly. smile.gif

I take it that you were with the 11th ACR that was in the GAP eh? biggrin.gif

Had a few friends that were in the 11th, before, during and after the excursion into the sandbox. biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by thomasj:

I was with the 1st AD in Germany for 9 years, but called it quits and became a GS civilian. Now I'm in the Netherlands. Primary field of work now is Systems Administration. You name it, I have to support mostly. smile.gif

I take it that you were with the 11th ACR that was in the GAP eh? biggrin.gif

Had a few friends that were in the 11th, before, during and after the excursion into the sandbox. biggrin.gif <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thomas,

I was in the 11th before, during and after the excursion into the sandbox. I probably know some of your friends. Feel free to drop names at any time.

We had a great civilian who ran our Education Center. His name is Jim Wolfe. If you ever run across him (he's still in USAREUR) be sure to hook up with him. He shares you wargaming hobby, and he has the greatest collection of a British Colonial miniature Army you'll ever see. We had awesome OPDs with him.

It sounds like you got the best of both worlds in your job. You get to work in USAREUR and you get to stay close to the military.

Allons,

Chris

P.S. My former Squadron Support Platoon Leader lives in the Netherlands as an expatriate. He loves it there.

The scroll wheel moves the cursor to the top or bottom of the screen and the view moves "forwards" or "backwards". But it isn´t working well on my system. TargetDrone: the Logitech mouse I use is symmetric and is equally useless for left and righthanded.

I can´t spell! The Horror! The Horror!!!

[This message has been edited by Kurtz (edited 06-08-2000).]

well, kurtz, my main reason isnt the fact that im a lefty... the reasons are ordered by their importance... the really important one first, the less last... biggrin.gif

------------------

TargetDrone

(i really should read through what i post... would save me a lot of editing)

(what would i do if that edit function would be locked??? biggrin.gif )

Guest MantaRay

I have the Intellimouse Explorer and it went unused for about 5 months. I found it uncomfortable, but after I forced myself to use it, I love it now. The 2 extra buttons come in handy in a lot of games.

Ray

------------------

When asked, "How many moves do you see ahead?", CAPABLANCA replied: "One move - the best one."

MantaRays 5 Pages

Hardcore Gamers Daily

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mad_Merse:

thomasj: When were you in "Old Ironsides"? I was there from 76-79 in the DivArty, 1/22 FA, Zirndorf, Pinder Barracks. Lots of fond wink.gif memories.

Bob Mercer<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was with the Old Ironsides from 90-98 active duty wise and 98-99 GS side. I can tell you that Divarty is now located in Baumholder Germany on the "Rock" and have a few of thier BN's located in Geissen, and Freiburg. Lots have changed in the 1AD. Almost all the units have been reflagged, for example 3-12 and 4-12 INF have reflagged to 1-6 and 2-6 INF. You know have that I know of, 4-29FA,4-27FA, then there are serveral MLRS BN's that have moved in. Can email sometime for more indepth info. Brain just went on leave of absence on me. biggrin.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Blackhorse:

Thomas,

I was in the 11th before, during and after the excursion into the sandbox. I probably know some of your friends. Feel free to drop names at any time.

We had a great civilian who ran our Education Center. His name is Jim Wolfe. If you ever run across him (he's still in USAREUR) be sure to hook up with him. He shares you wargaming hobby, and he has the greatest collection of a British Colonial miniature Army you'll ever see. We had awesome OPDs with him.

It sounds like you got the best of both worlds in your job. You get to work in USAREUR and you get to stay close to the military.

Allons,

Chris

P.S. My former Squadron Support Platoon Leader lives in the Netherlands as an expatriate. He loves it there.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would be more than happy to look some of these guys up but the BLACKHORSE is no longer with us in USAREUR frown.gif . Out of the few I know there is a guy that was a motor SGT for the 11th Frank Davis. He is now a GS also and working down in Bad Kreuznach. Which BTW 1AD HQ is also relocating soon but are staying in the USAREUR theater of Germany. Stange times with this (*%$%##()_! draw down and more sensitive army mad.gif . I guess history will repeat itself again hopefully sometime from now DA will realize that we are too small again and build back up. biggrin.gif

• 3 weeks later...