Unit Base Bug

Guest srare

Hi,

I have been having a problem with CM. Just installed it but I can not see any unit bases even though when I toggle Shift-B to unit bases on it says they are on. Also I can not see any los lines, targeting lines or movement lines ever! You can see the labels, like if I am shooting at a unit there is a label above the unit with its' range and type.

Please help!

Thanks

OK, here are my system specs.

Athalon 600 Processor, Matrox G400 32M RAM Video Card, Soundblaster Live Sound card, 128M of 133Mhz RAM, SD11 Motherboard, 13.2M Western Digital HD using ATA (66Mhz). I have got the latest drivers and am using DirectX 7.0a. Can not see blasts either like after a shot from a Sherman.

Thanks for the help.

This sounds like a video driver problem (yeah, I know, that's obvious rolleyes.gif ).

Matrox's G400 series has a beta driver (v. 5.50.010) which may possibly help: http://www.matrox.com/mga/drivers/latest_drivers/home.htm

If this doesn't do the job, then try the WHQL certfied drivers (v. 5.20.013): http://www.matrox.com/mga/drivers/certified_drivers/home.htm

Remember, you must run the Matrox uninstaller BEFORE installing the latest driver (you may want to reboot and set your display as SVGA after uninstalling too). Your PowerDesk software may disappear after uninstalling, but apparently this process is necessary in order to install the latest drivers correct.

Unfortunately I can't recall the Matrox options in their control panels. Have you tried changing color depths (say to 16-bit color from 32/24 bit) ?

If worse comes to worse you can run the Direct X Diagnostic (usually found at C:\PROGRAM FILES\DIRECTX\SETUP\DXDIAG, a shortcut file). Go to the Display tab and DISABLE DirectDraw Acceleration (and possibly Direct3D acceleration). Doing this will adversely affect your display rates, but it may render the missing elements in CM now.