Bogged? In a dry road????

So Im playing a GREAT scenrio last night (Cochon Bridge) and my tiny Stewart is reversing out of harms way and suddenly gets "bogged" as it backs onto a road.

What the hell????

A Stewart? On a road? In DRY condions???

PS - this scenerio was AWESOME from the American side. Best I've played yet. The map needs a little fine tuning, but man, what great design.

((SPOILERS BELOW!))

Just when I think I have a platoon in place ready to rush up to some buildings, down comes 150mm fire RIGHT ON TOP of the platoon. In 10 seconds the entire platoon is lost except for a few guys who of course panic and run. Man. That 150 fire is brutal when it's close. And devastating when it hits within a couple yards.

This happened to my brother while playing the game, too.

It sounds frustrating as Hell, but it's not unbelievable. I imagine that something as continually stressed as a tank's suspension could break at any time. The chain of my bike has come un-cogged while riding a perfectly good road. I'm sure the same can happen to tank treads.

Personally, if I were a tanker, I would be nervous about ever locking one track to rotate my tank. The idea of twisting the suspension with several dozen tons and a few hundred horsepower just pleads for trouble - in my opinion. Doing that on a dry road would be even worse than in grass or dirt!

------------------

--

Toad

Ontario, Canada

I guess it's the picture of the tank **bogged** in the dry road that bugs me.

Did it throw a track? I can buy that. Some other mechanical? Fine.

But bogged down? Where a Sherman and others just went over???

Weird.

Phoenix wrote:

> But bogged down?

Again, graphical representations. Your Stuart has not actually sunk into the road. In reality it might just have got a track stuck in a rut. If you're worried about the Shermans specifically, consider that a Stuart's tracks are smaller, and more at risk of going into ruts. I'm not saying that's what's happened here, but you can't rule anything out.

There are two stages to bogging. First is "Bogged" - your vehicle is stuck, and will try to free itself. If it fails, or throws a track in the process, it will become "Immobile".

Some people have suggested that you can ram a bogged vehicle to free it, but I haven't tried this personally. However, I am aware that knocked-out vehicles can be pushed out of the way, so you never know.

David

Toad

Actually the firmer the ground the better it is to pivot on. You can pivot all day long on concrete with no problem. Never try it in sand, mud or any soft ground though.

I remember getting a new LT once at NTC. He told his driver to pivot out in the desert or else. They spent half of the day replacing the whole track on one side after busting most of the guide teeth off the track shoes. Immediately after that they pivoted the other way and spent the rest of the day replacing the other side. That's when that young PFC realized why he had been promoted twice and the 2nd LT hadn't been promoted yet.

Rother