What do you think of WW2online ?

Guest Tom punkrawk

Personally, I can't say until I play it.There's all these people making multiplayer groups for a game that's not even out yet,that boggles my mind.

I asked them if there will be any trial period on it,so you can try it before commiting to the $30 a month for playing online.

They said you can play it offline as much as you want, the download is free.But if you play it offline, you'll be by yourself,so not all the challenging....

blah blah blah

Josh McNair

I've been playing Warbirds for nearly 4 years...It's a WW2 aircombat simulation where up to 200 odd people can be online in one arena flying and fighting at once. So basically every aircraft you see is being piloted by another human somewhere on earth.

WW2Online is being made by the the people who origially created Warbirds. The difference will be that WW2OL will be a "total" simulation of the Battle of France (with other theatres to follow). It is to include air, sea and land ops from battleships to grunts and pretty much all the hardware in between, Panzers, Spitfires, U-boats....oh my etc etc.

Warbirds is supposed to be 'the' best online sim on the market these days and these guys have a ton of experience and alot of us in the WB community are eagerly awaiting WW2OL's release.

If past experience is anything to go by a free pulic beta would be released before paid production so that bug's can be worked out and everyone can begin to drool over the final release.

Tom, people setting up virtual unit's are generally imports from other online games. In WB I'm a member of JG27 (a german fighter unit)..So my CO has already been getting organised to have JG27 represented in WW2OL.

If you've never tried this sort of thing then I wouldn't bag it out...personally if you're into simulations I think it's the best experience you can have.

Thomas, no definitely not turn based, it's a sim, so you can't pause the action and consider your next move wink.gif

There's actually been a bit of discussion within the WB community about CM...most of us can't wait to see it too.

Reg's

Hptm Fenris

White 2

4./JG27 AFRIKA (virtual)

k4white2.jpg

[This message has been edited by Fenris (edited 01-03-2000).]

Some screen pics and an alpha build video of some tanks is all that's currently available...They don't expect any sort of demo until least Q2 2000. The flight model video on their site is more a joke than anything else, as they say d/l for a laugh.

I'm not too excited about this yet...they got alot of work to do and if it's as good as they say it's going to be I'm sure we'll hear more in the future.

You can find more info/interviews at www.dogfighter.com IIRC.

Reg's

Fen