Sound distortion

Sven

Am I the only one that doesn't have clear sound. When I play the game, engine sounds and artillery strikes kind of crackles. However, the sound files sound fine if I play them using winamp, for example.

There's nothing wrong with my soundcard, and all other games/sounds/music, sound just fine. I only have this problem in CM.

The sound on my computer is fine. The only thing that comes to mind initially is maybe check the hardware acceleration for your sound card and try bumping this down a notch or two. (This is for Win98. If you have Win95 I don't believe there are any hardware acceleration options.)

I'm on a Mac, and I got a crackly sound problem on one, single map. It was one I'd put together myself, and whenever I hovered low over a sound source, it would crackle or distort in some other highly irritating fashion.

Have you tried different maps, or just the one?

David

------------------

They lost all of their equipment and had to swim in under machine gun fire. As they struggled in the water, Gardner heard somebody say, "Perhaps we're intruding, this seems to be a private beach."

Oddball, that's a sound channel issue. There's a limit to the number of sounds the game will play at once, depending on the specification of your computer. I think it's more to do with processor speed than RAM, but I do know it's variable (I never have that problem, for example).

David

------------------

They lost all of their equipment and had to swim in under machine gun fire. As they struggled in the water, Gardner heard somebody say, "Perhaps we're intruding, this seems to be a private beach."

Guest Michael emrys

I have the same problem as Oddball. Not a showstopper but mildly annoying.

Oddball, just out of curiousity, what kind of computer are you on? I'm using a Mac clone.

Michael

I had the same problem after installing Quick Time on my PC. I went in and fiddled with the QT preferrences and changed the default sound device and that seemed to fix the issue.

I've heard that some sound problems can be solved by downgrading from Soundsprocket 1.X to version 1.0. There was a good topic or two in the troubleshooting section a while back.

------------------

Well my skiff's a twenty dollar boat, And I hope to God she stays afloat.

But if somehow my skiff goes down, I'll freeze to death before I drown.

And pray my body will be found, Alaska salmon fishing, boys, Alaska salmon fishing.

-Commercial fishing in Kodiak, Alaska