British Airborne...

haha.

yeah Danny seems like a good guy.. him and the other SS guy got me at least 3 times...

I had a picture of them both together but my camera did something and messed up the film so I lost all of them...

------------------

Formally Tom punkrawk

"Tomorrows killed by yesterday..." -Link80

Go to my soldiers at war page~!! http://www.geocities.com/soldiersat_war or I'll sick a goat on you!

Guest Big Time Software

Answer about the British paras...

I am working on doing up the real textures sometime next week. Yes, they will have Denison smocks smile.gif As for the berets, yeah they could be more on the maroon side. However, I am going to see about getting them para helmets instead. A little less "FARB" smile.gif

Steve

I'd like to see a mixture of helmets with some berets also. The

berets provide way too much cool flavor for the paras to get rid

of them like that. smile.gif I hope the berets stay (with perhaps a maroon

touch up on the color if possible smile.gif). It's those little touches

of seasoning that make the different troop types come alive. smile.gif

On the subject of re-enactments, I was told a story of a group of re-enactors at a wargaming convention in the South of England. Inside the buildings were all the wargames, and outside on the fields were the re-enactors. There were apparently the usual mix of Wehrmacht, US and UK WWII re-enactors, civil war re-enactors (Both American and British), but the most inane of the lot had to have been the East German Border Guards Re-enactment Society.

I mean, really....

Manic Moran

Guest Big Time Software

Hehe... well, you can buy a totally complete East German BG uniform, including kit, for less than $100 (minus AK47)... it is the poorman's way to go smile.gif

I have more East German stuff in my closet than I can count, mostly because it is cheap and fairly cool!

Steve

A Correct german Impression is the most expensive, sure you could get a Swedish Tunic for about 20 bucks, slap some cheap insigia on it, get some swedish pants for 9 bucks, Austian Y-straps, belt, german belt buckle, east german boots, a argentian mauser with bayonet, you have the ultimate german "Farb" Impression. I Know, I've seen 'em! Heheh

The Good thing is An Der Front (http://www.anderfront.com) Well, they used to have these really bad looking repro tunics but now, since they bought a company, they are making ones that compare with Janke tunics, so doing german is geting better and cheaper because there are less "Farby" things out there, and more Quality reproduction items for good prices now...

MG

Guest Big Time Software

East German Border Guards Re-enactment Society !!!!

HAHA!! rolleyes.gif

I'm just not sure this is something to "celebrate" as a proud moment in one's treasured history. "Hans! Civilian at ten o'clock, bravely attempting to escape to freedom and become a contributing member of a vibrant and expressive society! KILL HIM! Good shot, Hans!" eek.gif

In America, I think the "moral" equivalent would be the "Pinkerton Guard Union-Buster Reenactment Society". smile.gif

Charles

• 1 month later...