Yes theya re excellent vehicles to manuever with smile.gif I'm not sure on the actual MPH for the other vehicles I think the tiger was about 25pmh but some others will no these details better - smile.gif

------------------

SS_PanzerLeader.......out

[This message has been edited by SS_PanzerLeader (edited 04-21-2000).]

Guest Zulu1

Hellcat - max road speed 55mph

Panther - max road speed 29mph

Matilda - max road speed 15mph

Cromwell - max road speed 38mph

Sherman - max road speed 29mph

Panzer VI Tiger - max road speed 24mph*

*take this one with a grain of salt smile.gif

Guest tom w

This game is just CHOCK full of stats if you know

where to look...

Just select the unit and hit the return

key (same for both MAc and PC's I think)

and you can EVERY tHing you ever wanted to

know about your favourite tank, weapon,

unit or whatever.

the return key kindly asks:

"Give me ALL the STATS on this

unit"

What a GREAT Feature.

-Tom

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by getthat_wreckoff_theroad:

Was playing LD the other day & I couldn't believe how fast thos Hellcats can move down that road !!!!!!!

How fast are they compared to other vehicles - say Cromwell, Firefly, Matilda, Tiger etc... ???????

Just wondered biggrin.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I gotta wonder about the delay time. I guess you'd need a command unit riding along to make it fair. I know I've observed different delays off the starting line for individual AFVs, even when they were all told to move fast immediately.

There might be some minor inequity in the race due to morale, capability, and command status.

I wondered on that myself - why doesn't everybody move, as ordered at the start of the game? I understand later it takes units time to react, but at the start I would think they would go right away. Maybe this is symbloic of the disorganization of the forces tongue.gif

------------------

SS_PanzerLeader.......out

[This message has been edited by SS_PanzerLeader (edited 04-22-2000).]

A way around the various initial delays for AFVs, up to 45s for a Sherman in CE, is to plot a waypoint then cancel it. The delay is erased and then it will have it's regular delay based on experience.

Another trick is to substitiute a higher level HQ for the regular HQ of a platoon. For example, the Conscripts in CE have a normal delay of 50s, if you use the Bn CO as a replacement it is reduced to 20s IIRC. The command bonus reduces it further. Think of it as the 'higher ups' taking an active hand smile.gif

Cheers,

Ron