Group Select

Craig

Just fired up v3.0, and I can't group select all the units in the setup box to join or unload anymore. I'm sure I was able to do this in earlier versions, but now it tells me I can't join unlike units, and won't unload anything if a selected unit has no passengers. It's not that big of a deal I guess, but it is going to take a lot longer to set up a large scenario like Nelson if every unit must be selected in turn to unload it. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Craig

You can't join unlike units. If you select a group of units and then try to join them, the routine will stop as soon as it finds an illegal matchup.

As for group selecting and unloading - I just tried it and it worked for me.

------------------

Best regards, Major H

majorh@mac.com

I'm sure in the older versions you could select *all* of the units in the setup box, and then unload them. Now nothing happens. Same with the join command - all the units would join with appropriate units, and I could then split them individually as I saw fit.

I'll maybe load up an old version just to make sure.

Craig

Ok, just tried it with TacOps Classic - If I group select all of the units in TF Miz., and select unload from the menu, they will all unload. If I then drag a box around them all (lots of units now) again and select join from the menu, they will all group together like they should, and I end up with about 33 unit icons.

To accomplish the same thing now will take quite a while longer, as I have to search through the setup box and shift-click on all units of the same type, and then tell them to join.

Like I said, it's not that big of a deal, but it isn't something I would think needed changing.

Thanks again

Craig

ps. I just discovered that if you group select all units and then split them, they will all unload then.

[This message has been edited by Craig (edited 01-19-2000).]