Helmet textures

Guest Madmatt

Self bumping your own thread is rather pathetic iggi. wink.gif

And the helmet texture DOESN'T repeat from what I have seen. I have several helmet textures that look quite nice. In fact I just got a new one today that will be posted soon which will prove this fact in a very visual way.

Madmatt

helmets.jpg

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

CMHQ-Annex

Host of the Combat Mission WebRing

The helmet texture does repeat. There's no way I'm wrong. I tested it.

If you want to prove me wrong, make an insigna on the side of the helmet. You can't do it cause the insigna will repeat on the lower part of the helment.

Go ahead and prove me wrong. It can't be done. Period.

I hope you do prove me wrong but I can't see how.

Guest Madmatt

Dude relax, its just a texture! Let me test it, I was just going from all the helmet mods that I have seen. I will make a blank one like you said and see what turns up.

Either way, BTS won't be changing how the helmets are textured anytime soon.

Madmatt

------------------

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by iggi:

There's no way I'm wrong. I tested it.

If you want to prove me wrong, make an insigna on the side of the helmet. You can't do it cause the insigna will repeat on the lower part of the helment.

Go ahead and prove me wrong. It can't be done. Period.

I hope you do prove me wrong but I can't see how.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Breath deeply....relax...imagine yourself in a far-away place..... biggrin.gif

Just a joke iggi, I'm not trying offend or belittle. It just reminded me of that Ameritrade commercial. smile.gif

------------------

"Do not needlessly endanger your lives until I give you the signal"

Dwight D. Eisenhower

Guest Madmatt

Ok, I did what you said, I made a blank white helmet and then put a little black spot on it.

For British there is no repetition but for the Germans the 'lip" does use some of the same texture. If you want to get an insignia on the helmet without having it be on the helmet lip it *might* be possible put it will take some pretty precise positioning.

Madmatt

------------------

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 10-03-2000).]

Well I only tested the German helmet and I was only talking about the German helmet. I don't think it is possible at all. You used a spot, I used various lines of different colors to see where the repetition occurs. The repetition starts out way too high. Plus the repetition doesn't allow you to use shading on the lower part of the helmet without affecting the upper part.

I can only hope that BTS considers to remap for better mods.

Guest Madmatt

Yeah, I just did some more testing with a multicolored grid and I think you are right. I don't think its the end of the world as there are already many cool German Helmet mods. Since that helmet is made up of more polygons than the others its just a product of how the texture must cover it.

Tell you what, I will see if maybe we can do something in CM2. I am already pushing for a lot of 'mod friendly' type stuff for CM2. Time will tell what makes it and what doesn't.

Madmatt

------------------

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 10-03-2000).]

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>its just a product of how the texture must cover it.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

"Must" cover it? You mean there was no choice? No other way? Well no big deal but all those helmet mods, although neat, will either be clear or cammed. No eagles, no symbols. Sigh wink.gif

Until CM2 then.