OT: Combat! Stalingrad board game

Anyone heard of it or have it? It's based on the tractor works battle, it's a huge board game (>1000 pieces), it's 55 USD, it's a stand alone game (no previous versions needed to play) and it's designed for solo play (and hence my interest in it). I don't know when I'll have the time to play it what with all the CM I play, but by gosh does it sound cool. So if you have it or know of it, is it worth me spending 55 USD on it? The first game, Combat! Normandy is sold out already.

------------------

Jeff Abbott

I have Combat:Normandy. It's a well put together and researched game system. It's pretty much a streamlined version of ASL (Though I wouldn't call it ASL light as it was originally advertised).

If you have the money, are interested in the subject and game scale, it's a good buy. Critical Hit is a good company, with good support and porducts and a strong online presence. (Ray Tapio helped me out with a few CM research items particularly with his veteran interviews.)

Hope that helps...

Los

Also ray's Maps are pretty good. I'll probably pick it up. And if you are into Stalingrad Art Lupiccani (sp?) is redoing Streets of Stlingrad, the monster company-level game of the whole Stalingrad battle. I've been tracking the work and reseach. Should be excellnt if priicey. You can folllow the moments in History links from www.criticalhit.com to check it out.

Los

Thanks Los, always nice to get a fellow wargamers opinion. I've had criticalhit.com bookmarked for awhile now. Matter of fact, I just got the first ever newsletter with some new products. That's where I first heard about Combat! Stalingrad. They had another, slightly smaller and cheaper game that looked interesting too. It's called Velikye Luki (advertised as Little Stalingrad of the North). It's 2 player but can be played solo. Ever heard of that one? Anyway, thanks again. I'll probably buy Combat! Stalingrad.

------------------

Jeff Abbott

[This message has been edited by Juardis (edited 09-27-2000).]

Speaking of Board Games

I have about a dozen AH Board Games

(If you dont know what that is skip to next topic)

They are collecting dust and I never could find an opponent

THANK YOU BTS for CM !!!!!

Anybody..

A. know there value (priceless I know)

B. Want to buy them?

Guest Michael emrys

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jeffsmith:

Speaking of Board Games

I have about a dozen AH Board Games

(If you dont know what that is skip to next topic)

They are collecting dust and I never could find an opponent

Anybody..

A. know there value (priceless I know)

B. Want to buy them?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whatcha got?

Michael