Can i Multy by PBEM with just one CD?

I have this problem guys. I have an original copy of CMBO and one of CMBB and i would like to play by email with a friend. At first when i installed the game i noticed that when i tried to play with it without the cd in the drive, it only gave me the possibility to "join Multyplayer" without the other buttons (play game and build scenario).

And now when i start the game without the cd in the drive it only says that it's not able to start the game! What must i do?

Originally posted by Malakovski:

I believe you can play TCP/IP games with only one CD, but not PBEM. Can't see the rationale of allowing one but not the other, but that's they way they made it.

It has to do with the creation process of CM. When the scheduled relase date of CM approached, BTS was not able to include TCP/IP mode. They polled us, and the majority of people on this forum said that they would rather have the code for TCP patched in than to have the release date delayed. When the code for TCP/IP was patched in with the 1.1 version, BTS thoughtfully included the ability to play a TCP game with only one CD.

Originally posted by Malakovski:

I believe you can play TCP/IP games with only one CD, but not PBEM. Can't see the rationale of allowing one but not the other, but that's they way they made it.

That way you can play TCP against another computer in your home, where PBEM is not really an issue.